Project Manager, LoL Esports Manager (Contractor)
Job Id: 5140
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Project Manager on the China team, You will manage the progress of the project. You will be a problem solver and a content deliverer. You will join the effort of shipping incredible experiences for players in China. By encouraging teams to collaborate we'll drive development, smashing through obstacles and driving projects across the finish-line and into players’ hands. We'll meet and exceed expectations by helping concept, deliver, improve, and influence creative projects at every stage of production.
- Responsible for establishing, tracking, communicating, and holding everyone accountable for project milestones
- Responsible for work related to project presentations, presenting in an easy to understand the manner
- Act as a point-of-contact to manage, receive and distribute creative content for internal and external stakeholders
- Involve in game production projects, improve efficiency and collaborating with partners to optimize players’ experiences
- Smoothen asset and content delivery process between Riot and our Chinese partners
- 2+ years of professional work experience in product/project management, preferably delivering player facing products, features and content
- Familiarity with League of Legends and LoL esports, closely follow news on pro players and teams inside and outside of the arena.
- Experienced in using project management tools to track and achieve project milestones (For example, Favro, Trello, JIRA etc)
- Experienced in stakeholder management and rapport-building skills
- Make diverse work plans and estimates while wearing multiple hats
- Have a strong sense of empathy, highly reactive, persistent, and patient
- Passion for video games is what drove you to the industry; you love games and take play seriously
- Deep understanding of games from both player and designer perspectives; deep understanding of Chinese culture and the China game market
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
(Employment Type: employment contract with FESCO Adeco, a professional personnel company in China)