Director, HR Business Partner (Games)
Job Id: REQ-0006055
Riot’s People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its talent. We bring our expertise to all of those typical HR activities such as hiring, on-boarding, training and development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, big events, labor relations, off-boarding so that all Rioters can flourish.
As Director, HRBP reporting to the Sr Director, People you will support Riot’s Games Team. You will work directly with senior leadership to develop strategic talent plans aligned with Riot’s top company priorities. You will thoughtfully integrate essential elements across the Rioter (employee) lifecycle (recruitment, performance, development, compensation) and develop culturally-appropriate Rioter engagement and retention strategies.
- Partner with senior leaders across Riot's organization serving as the primary partner to the leadership team
- Partner with senior leaders to maintain a healthy culture
- Ensure alignment between Games Team goals and Riot goals and prepare the teams for the next phases of growth.
- Develop change management plans for projects and change initiatives; evaluate the impact of planned organizational change; identify risks and develop risk mitigation tactics.
- Maintain trusted relationships across the business to ensure that Riot's People strategy and programs support our strategic goals and are aligned with what we value
- Promote execution of HR employee lifecycle processes across client groups, including executive coaching, Rioter engagement, organization design, workforce planning and succession management, people development, compensation planning, and communications and change management
- Encourage consistency of people programs and workforce management through active partnership with local teams
- Manage talent acquisition efforts by partnering with the recruiting team to help with talent needs, prioritization, and progress against hiring plans
- Use people analytics to inform people strategies, including Global Riot Survey (GRS) to identify engagement drivers and work with leaders, managers, and rioters to manage their action plans
- Partner with the central Talent Management team to build organizational capability through the development of leadership teams (e.g. team effectiveness, goal development and agreement, manager capability)
- Assess and understand changing business and market trends and adjust HR strategy accordingly
- Mentor and coach a team of HR Business Partners to ensure they have a high level of business insight to achieve high-quality results
- 8+ years of experience in HR, including 4+ years in a leadership role
- Broad expertise in all areas (e.g. organizational design, talent acquisition, compensation)
- Experience scaling
- Experience advising and directly supporting senior executives across multiple departments with a consultative style
- Experience developing compelling, data-driven business cases and building culturally-appropriate programs and plans designed to empower the team and influence senior leaders to act
- Experience in the entertainment, creative space or technology space, working directly with creative and production teams
- BA or BS degree
- Customer-centric focus with the ability to cultivate culture and create agreement between business goals, behaviors, and systems that guide performance
- Encourage leaders across the organization to make better people decisions with fairness and consistency
- Advanced degree
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).