Manager, Technical Production - Esports, Fandom
Job Id: REQ-0006056
The last 12 months have been amazing for esports at Riot. We held our most-watched League of Legends Worlds Championship, and we ran our first global tournaments for VALORANT, Wild Rift, and Legends of Runeterra. On the back of that success, and in our ever-growing dedication to our mission to be the most player focused company in the world, Riot is doubling down on our investment in the esports and fan experience with industry-leading innovations like Project Stryker that will make our ambitions come to life.
Are you interested in being part of a team poised to redefine the esports fan experience? We’re looking for passionate, innovative individuals with a keen eye and ear for fan behaviors who are ready to help us tackle Riot’s high-priority focus on Unleashing Fandom fon fans across the globe! As the Manager of Technical Production on the Esports Fandom team, you will work with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, engineers, artists, and QA to develop and iterate on our esports fandom systems. As a Technical Production lead, you are expected to deeply understand technical initiatives, technical product development, and are able to deeply engage with your customers and development teams in technical discussions.
You will be responsible for leading planning, and aligning development to the product vision throughout the full product lifecycle. You will be accountable for quality, delivering to schedule, and managing the team’s resources and time allocation.
You will report to the Lead Producer for Esports Digital.
- Directly hire and manage other Producers and Program Managers for the team
- Work with Product Managers, Engineering Managers, and UX Designers to define an efficient working system, then communicate and train the team on that process
- Manage and coordinate dependencies across team and organizational boundaries
- Assess & improve delivery health through velocity metrics and troubleshooting
- Work with the PMs and EMs to define release plans and launch rituals
- Facilitate agile rituals (standups, grooming, planning, retro)
- Drive the process to facilitate creation of product or feature roadmap
- Ensure team's work matches overall project priorities and goals
- Provide essential product feedback and insight to the team and leadership through playtesting and other feedback mechanisms such as surveys
- Balance team efficiency, team health, deadlines and quality
- Asses and communicate team staffing needs
- Managing stakeholder expectations through interpreting and communicating stages to invested audiences
- 2 years experience as a manager
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Producer with experience leading and coordinating live service development and operations
- Shipped multiple products with production responsibility on key features and/or content
- Experienced partner management and relationship-building skills
- Experience leading teams through feature development (planning, execution, delivery, post-release support)
- Ample experience scheduling and tracking development. Identifying and mitigating risks associated with key-milestones both for internal teams and external teams.
- Experience and knowledge in shopping technical products such as API,s SDKs, libraries, or tools
- Experience working in med-large size organizations where collaboration across organizational boundaries is critical to success.
- Experience working on global products in a global organization
- Experience with Product Management tools such as Miro, Jira, Trello, and LucidChart.
- Experience with Product Management methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, PMF, Jobs-to-be-Done, and Lean.
- Comfort in failing fast and learning to make things better!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.