Production Intern (Undergraduate)
Job Id: 5118
As a Producer, you’ll lead passionate cross-functional teams in crafting creative content and incredible experiences for players around the world. By encouraging teams to collaborate, you’ll drive development, smashing through obstacles and driving products into players’ hands. You’ll exceed expectations by helping concept, deliver, improve, and influence creative projects at every stage of production.
In your application, you will select which product you prefer to apply for.
3rd Party Publishing: As a Production Intern in the 3rd Party Publishing team, you will report to the Team Captain responsible for multiple externally developed game projects. You will get hands-on experience building relationships with our developers and teams at Riot. As part of this role, you will get exposure to a broad spectrum of publishing game production, from assisting with and running daily meetings, planning and tracking development dependencies, collaborating with our developers and cross-functional teams, communicating with stakeholders, and anything else required to help bring our products to players hands.
- Assist with, manage, and run rituals & ceremonies for core team and up to two game projects
- Create and collaborate on game product reports with production status, risks, and mitigation plans
- Assist with the planning and execution of various aspects of publishing production, cross-functional team coordination, user experience testing and coordination, and other developer support.
Unannounced R&D Project:
- Assist with running team sprint rituals for a content or feature development pod
- Produce and present game product reports to leadership that provide an overview of production status, risks, and risk response plans
- Organize daily logistics for the needs of the team by performing administrative tasks like scheduling and facilitating meetings, communicating outcomes and decisions, and following up on action items
- Support logistics and facilitation of team-wide events (e.g., town halls, milestone planning, team building events, playtesting)
VALORANT: As a Production Intern on VALORANT, you will report to a Game Producer responsible for a major area of the game and support production with that domain. As a member of the Progression team, your focus area will be how our progression systems can encourage goal-setting for our players and reward them for the time they’re spending with us in game as they achieve those goals. You will get hands-on experience with and exposure to a broad swath of game production, and ensure the team is set up for success at every stage of development.
- Organize daily logistics for the needs of the team by owning administrative tasks like scheduling and driving meetings, communicating outcomes and decisions, and following up on action items
- Drive special projects from start to finish in collaboration with other team members
- Create and execute on communication and process improvements across the team as directed by production / project leadership
- Support logistics of team or product wide events (e.g. townhalls, team events, playtests, etc.)
- Currently enrolled in a college, university or non degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 week at our Los Angeles Headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- You are comfortable collaborating in ambiguous problem spaces
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close October 31st 12:00pm PT
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).