Central Player Dynamics Intern
Job Id: 5127
Player Dynamics is an emerging field of design pioneered by Riot and organizations like the Fair Play Alliance to address a huge problem in today’s world: how to make it safe to be social online. We seek to foster healthy social environments in and around online games and fulfill the promise of group play.
As a Player Dynamics Design Intern on the Central Player Dynamics team you will be on the cutting edge of Player Dynamics at Riot. Your analytical skills, player insights, and creativity will contribute to solutions that encourage positive play, reduce disruptive behavior, and help build resilient communities across the Riot ecosystem. You will design and iterate on systems that improve the safety and health of our community by identifying, preventing and addressing disruptive behavior in and around Riot’s games.
- Design & develop new features and systems for Player Dynamics products.
- Work with other disciplines to build, configure and improve the performance of large-scale moderation systems.
- Create and provide multiple potential designs and solutions. Articulate trade-offs and risks between different options with a clear understanding of content and product level goals.
- Currently enrolled in a college, university or non degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 week at our Los Angeles Headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience working on projects with teammates
- Design experience with games or interactive online platforms.
- Passion for and engagement with online competitive games and game communities, especially Riot games.
- At least one of the following:
- Basic familiarity with the psychology and sociology of online behavior and communities.
- Basic familiarity with statistics, machine learning, natural language processing and data science in general.
- Experience with digital moderation tools and community management. This might be from spaces such as: streaming platforms, forums, or game-specific communities.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close October 31st 12:00pm PT
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).