Senior Manager, Production - Esports
Job Id: REQ-0006141
The last 12 months have been amazing for esports at Riot. We held our most-watched League of Legends Worlds championship, and we ran our first global tournaments for VALORANT, Wild Rift, and Legends of Runeterra. On the back of that success, and in our ever-growing dedication to our mission to be the most player focused company in the world, Riot is doubling down on our investment in the esports and fan experience.
The Esports Fandom and Watch Experiences initiative is Riot’s big bet in two key areas: Unleashing Fandom, and Reinventing the Watch Experience. You can read more about that in our CEO’s blog, “Calling the shot: the Next Five Years at Riot Games.”
As the Senior Manager of Production you will work with the production leads from each of the teams to identify opportunities to assist them as they develop work systems, manage team health, manage project deliverables, and scale out their organizations. You will also need to identify opportunities to create cross-team work systems that allow us to achieve economies of scale, share practices, and work better together.
This role reports to the Director of Production for Riot Esports Tech R&D.
- Manage a team of 5+ producers and production managers including goal setting, career development, hiring,and performance management
- Lead and guide a large team (50+ people) consisting of engineers, product managers, UX designers, and Quality Owners to bring player facing features and core infrastructure features to reality
- Partner with external vendors helping us to execute against our vision and ensure great coordination and collaboration across the organizational boundaries.
- Implement initiative-wide work systems to manage activities such as staffing/headcount management and cross-division accountability tracking
- Implement accountability rituals wherein product teams review their commitments/delivery with organizational leadership and hold each other accountable for celebrating successes and learning from failures
- Own the quality of the experience for the player/customer through partnership with Engineering, Product Management, and QA
- Create alignment between organizations that may be working towards common or complementary goals
- Dependency-manage across large business units with different cultures and operating models (internal and external)
- Proactively identify issues impacting work life balance/sustainable development in your teams and integrate sustainability tracking measures into the process
- Represent your business unit’s staff, service, and tooling needs to the leadership team
- Adapt from a toolkit of methodologies to scale across teams and products
- 7+ years experience launching large scale features, business critical efforts or cross-team projects on schedule and as part of a multi-phase launch plan.
- 2+ years of management experience shipping large-scale premium products on multiple platforms with a live service component
- 2+ years of management experience growing individual contributors, and building healthy, diverse, and inclusive teams
- Experience fluidly adapting methodologies in situations of high product or team complexity, or long duration
- Strong alignment to servant leadership principles and the value and importance of ensuring psychological safety, healthy feedback culture and conflict management within and between teams
- Experience working in med-large size organizations where collaboration across organizational boundaries is critical to success
- Experience leading and coordinating external development teams
- Management experience in game development, esports, or entertainment industries (Director of Production, Head of Production, Operations Director, etc.)
- Experience leading and pivoting multiple teams/processes/efforts through a significant change in direction or operations
- Passion for esports and Riot’s games
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.