VFX Artist II - League, Champions
Job Id: 5171
As part of the Real-Time VFX team, you'll design and help implement the sleek, dynamic and dramatic special effects that add atmosphere and depth to gameplay. With your experience, you'll create aesthetically astounding visual effects that communicate essential game information. You'll use your artistic and technical skills to breathe life into undead spells, channel primal emotions and capture the essence of hundreds of champions. You will report to the VFX craft manager.
- Create game-ready VFX that bring champion fantasies to life
- Use your craft skills to draw, paint, animate and model with equal proficiency as-needed
- Help define standards and technical requirements
- Work with animators, designers and other crafts to balance visual excellence and gameplay clarity
- Mentor junior artists
- 3+ years of experience in real-time VFX
- Skill in 3d/2d Software such as Maya, Photoshop
- Experience with Unreal, Unity or equivalent game engine VFX tools
- Proficiency critiquing fundamentals such as timing, shape language, and color theory.
- BA in Game Art Development (or equivalent experience)
- Experience creating materials using HLSL and PBR rendering technologies
- Familiarity with the League of Legends IP
- Knowledge of VFX as it pertains to game design, isometric viewpoint, and visual clarity.
As part of the application process, you may be required to provide a portfolio or demo reel of your work or be asked to complete an art test.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this is the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.