Senior Technical Artist - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: 5174
As part of the Technical Art team, you will create rigs for characters and props. You will oversee tool creation and maintenance for all other art disciplines. Working closely with animation, modeling, and concept teams, you will uncover new ways to improve workflow and ensure functionality, consistency, and quality. As a support, you will be the carry behind the carry, helping hoist up art teams on the strength of your rigs and tools.
As a Technical Artist III on the Research & Development team, you will be a founding member of a new game team in the early stages of development.
- Build advanced rigs for a variety of characters and assets using Maya and other internal tools
- Using the help of central resources, you will build and develop asset pipelines for all aspects of the growing art team
- Use your strong communication skills to partner with in-house artists and external partners and unify the usage of shared art tools
- Mentor and support your teammates in accomplishing team goals, and help them develop as artists
- Provide technical support to artists working from our art workflows, collecting data to further improve the tools they are using, making recommendations and improvements where necessary
- Troubleshoot problems for animators and other artists to remove blockers and inefficiencies
- Refresh the performance of our rigs and animations by running them through your creative quality control process
- Promote collaboration between art teams to level up content continuity and consistency
- Spread knowledge of the team’s processes and help teams expand their technical know-how
- Consistently give and take feedback, direct next steps, and communicate clear goals and outcomes to your team
- 6+ years of industry experience
- Experience with 3DS Max, Maya, etc.
- Experience with Python, C# or C++
- Experience shipping a AAA title
- Experience working with game engines like Unreal, Unity, or proprietary technologies
- Substantial direct experience in the prototype/early stages of a game
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.