Job Id: REQ-0006198
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. In 2015, Riot Games China was set up and is dedicated to creating tailored experiences for local players. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve game experiences and beyond! We are looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. That’s where you come in!
Riot’s Procurement team partners with deal owners to secure all goods and services needed. We apply policies that help mitigate risk while allowing for maximum value in our deals. From getting large projects approved and negotiating contracts, to tracking orders and payments, we help deal owners navigate the journey.
As Associate Buyer, you'll report to the Sr. Director of Finance and GR to purchase equipment, materials, supplies, and services. As an Associate Buyer for Riot, you will partner with the business team to research, evaluate, and buy products and services to meet our daily operational needs. You are an astute, analytical, advisor with negotiation and dealmaking expertise.
- Advise deal owners on purchasing decisions in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with deal owners to identify product and service requirements.
- Facilitate the bidding process, including multiple bids and/or direct supplier negotiation.
- Collaborate with deal owners, suppliers, and Riot's Legal and finance team to review contracts that are fair, comprehensive, provide protection, and mitigate risk.
- Assist deal owners in ensuring that purchase requisitions are accurate, complete, and comply with contractual terms.
- Conduct regular supplier business reviews to assess supplier performance and compliance. Identify candidates for Riot's preferred suppliers list.
- Participate in special projects, which include: evaluating current processes, assisting with system testing, facilitating cross-training exercises, etc.
- 2 years previous buying experience or ability to demonstrate comparable knowledge and skills
- Ability to take initiative and exercise good business judgment with minor supervision
- Project Management and follow-through skills
- Ability to understand, interpret, and articulate procurement policies to deal owners
- Ability to partner with and provide guidance to deal owners and suppliers
- Bachelor's degree in business administration/ supplier chain/ finance related
- Experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience with procurement data analysis
- Fluent in both English and Mandarin
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on customers of your work.