A&R Research Intern
Job Id: 5115
Artists and Repertoire researchers are responsible for creative development and production of music for the company through identification of new acts, direction of recording sessions and development of artistic partnerships and promotional plans
As an A&R Research Intern on the Riot Games Music team, you'll help us support the intersection of gaming and music. You'll be mentored by some of the leading executives in gaming and music. You'll experience how music is chosen for some of the biggest games and esports in the world and help our artist relations team stay on top of current trends globally. We're looking for an A&R Research Intern who has experience with discovering the hottest trends, artists, and games, all relating to music. You should have an open ear and appreciation for all genres of music. A strong knowledge of the gaming ecosystem is required, and player experience with Riot Games is an additional plus
- Global Artist Research: Investigate incoming music searches and pitches promptly, communicate with account managers and clients to provide the most applicable music based on their needs, and ensure efficient delivery of those projects
- Social Platform Trend Research: Collecting data for soundtracks, platforms, or research products and discovering appropriate channels, memes, trends, and musical scenes to benefit us
- Gaming & Music Trend Research: Follow and keep the music team following activations with other games and the music industry
- Anticipate and communicate client's music requirements to our local A&R team
- Respond to client music briefs and provide general music expertise and creative recommendations to clients
- Create well-crafted presentations and reports on global trends in music
- Currently enrolled in a college, university or non degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 week at our Los Angeles Headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience with and knowledge of global music and the music industry
- Experience with music across a range of genres, and the ability to discuss musical concepts
- Knowledge of the gaming ecosystem
- Experience in a creative/media-related field
- Experience in music, television, or a creative industry is favorable
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close January 6th 12:00pm PT
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).