Associate Sound Designer, Premium Content - VALORANT
Job Id: 5194
As an Associate Sound Designer on the Premium Content team, your technical and creative audio skills will combine to bring life to the broad range of cosmetic themes in Valorant. Joining efforts with a cross-disciplinary team, you'll drive audio from content creation to implementation. Using your passion and creativity you will contribute to team discussions and provide thoughtful feedback to your peers. As a member of the audio discipline, you'll prioritize growth and leveling up your ability to execute while supported with guidance and mentorship.
As an Associate Sound Designer reporting to our Audio Director within our VALORANT team, you'll tap into your creativity to design sound across thematics ranging from science fiction to fantasy to contemporary. You'll work with designers, artists, and engineers, breathing life into our game with your understanding of audio.
- Execute audio content and implementation goals communicated to you by Producers and the Audio Director.
- Design sound effects for Premium Content, including gun handling, gun firing, and other custom SFX.
- Record sound effects both in studio and in the field using industry standard microphone techniques and hardware.
- Implement assets directly into the game using Unreal, Wwise, and Perforce.
- Fix audio bugs in Unreal and Wwise.
- Work with a cross-disciplinary team, iterating together to develop cohesive products that delight players.
- Develop constructive working relationships with others to achieve team goals and objectives.
- Ensure quality of asset output by playtesting and gathering daily feedback on your content.
- Navigate stakeholder, senior leadership, discipline and team feedback effectively with guidance and mentorship.
- Own the total quality and value of the experiences you deliver to our audience.
- Overcome change & challenges to deliver results.
- Degree/Certificate In Audio/Music Engineering or relevant experience
- Basic knowledge of sound design creation tools (ProTools, Nuendo, Reaper, Izotope, Waves, Native Instruments, etc) & techniques
- Basic knowledge of sound design content creation and implementation methods in Wwise.
- Basic knowledge of implementation in Unreal.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.