Software Engineering Manager - VALORANT
Job Id: 4787
Engineering leaders at Riot Games bring knowledge of specific technical areas, but also value the chance to work in multiple broader domains. As an Engineering Manager, you'll offer creative solutions to organizational design while also serving as a mentor for a team of engineers, overseeing performance management, growth opportunities, and general accountability.
VALORANT is Riot's take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Manager of Software Engineering on the VALORANT team you will help Riot expand and scale our newest AAA title. You will help improve the experience of VALORANT to guarantee a smooth and engaging experience for players across the globe. In this roles, you will report to the Sr. Manager, Software Engineering. VALORANT has a variety of Engineering Leadership opportunities available and this posting represents all the teams below. If you are interested and qualified, please apply below and our recruiter will reach out with more info:
Competitive Team: VALORANT is a team game and it's important to our players that we provide the best competitive experience while at the same time ensuring a positive and inclusive gameplay session. These teams manage gameplay matchmaking and player dynamics.
Endpoints Mobile: In this role you will lead a team focused on solving the foundational problems required to ship VALORANT to mobile game players. Reduce install sizes and time to play by breaking the application into discrete & downloadable pieces, build tooling to help content teams stay in budget, reduce application memory usage, integrate mobile features like push notifications and thermal APIs, and more."
- Create, review, and reframe an engineering vision with the team and partners including the Technology, Product, and Process Leads
- Be excited to span the entire VALORANT tech stack - from our golang services and infrastructure internals, to our game client in C++ and UE4 blueprints.
- You'll collaborate heavily with Design, Revenue Strategy, and Product Management to build in and out of game systems that create new and exciting ways to engage with VALORANT
- Identify, recruit, interview, and hire software engineers to help teams scale effectively
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of features while improving the software engineering quality and efficiency
- Build and manage strong relationships between disciplines
- Lead, grow, and coach team members to build talent over the long term
- Demonstrate a high bar of craft excellence for your team
- Cultivate your team's culture of collaboration, creativity and passion for game making
- Partner with shared teams at Riot that provide cross game capabilities
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years experience directly leading an engineering team either as an Engineering Manager or Technical Lead and mentor
- Familiarity working in an Agile environment
- Experience collaborating across departments and disciplines to create solutions
- Experience working with Golang, C, C++, C#, and Python
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Experience working in the gaming industry
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.