Technical Producer II - Esports, Technology
Job Id: REQ-0006207
The last 12 months have been amazing for esports at Riot. We held our most-watched League of Legends Worlds Championship, and we ran our first global tournaments for VALORANT, Wild Rift, and Legends of Runeterra. On the back of that success, and in our mission to be the most player-focused company in the world, we are doubling down on our investment in esports. We are doing this through our high-priority focus on Unleashing Fandom and Reinventing the Watch Experience and through investing in industry-leading innovations like Project Stryker.
The Sport IO team is focused on improving the broadcast storytelling experience and delivering technology for esports tournament creation, operation, and management. We have a mix of user facing experiences through our web properties lolesports.com and valorantesports.com and back-end tools which are used by the broadcast producers and tournament operators.
As a Technical Producer II on the Esports Sport IO team, you will work with a team of producers, designers, engineers, artists, and QA to deliver products and tech that power the global sports ecosystem and are important to Riot Esports business operations. You will work on tournament operations tools, our web properties, and important technology powering the next generation watch experiences.
You will report to the Principal Producer for the Sports IO team.
- Lead the team to bring features to reality.
- Balance team efficiency, team health, deadlines, and quality
- Communicate and globally to align team members around a shared understanding of how the team's work impacts important reasons for sports broadcast experience and overall product success
- Work with partner producers, engineers, visual artists, user experience designers, and program managers to create on, define, and schedule feature development
- Gather and present feedback on product goals, from post-event metrics to proposals for improvement, to align the teams on product OKRs, which you will help define
- 3+ years of experience working on technical programs and technical product development and a capability to engage with customers and development teams in technical discussions
- Technical proficiency across primary business analysis and presentation stack (SQL, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Organize and memorably communicate complex information to audiences with varied backgrounds
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this is the role for you!
- Experience with Project Management tools such as Miro, Jira, Trello, and LucidChart.
- Experience with Project Management methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, PMF, Jobs-to-be-Done, and Lean.
- Comfort in failing fast and learning to make things better!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).