Senior Technical Program Manager - Riot Data Products, MarTech
Job Id: REQ-0006252
As part of Riot's goal to become the entertainment company of the 21st century, the Fandom and Experiences Initiative within Riot Data partners with eSports, Entertainment, and Publishing to provide resonant content and memories to fans.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager on this team, you'll lead planning and align development to the product vision throughout the full product lifecycle. You shall be accountable for quality, delivery schedule, and managing the team's resources and time allocation. You will represent the team at an initiative level across organization-wide Scrum of Scrums. You will report to the MarTech Data Science Manager.
- Assist PLs and Team Captain (TC) in managing cross-team dependency coordination
- Assess & improve delivery health through velocity metrics and troubleshooting
- Work with PLs and EMs to define release plans and launch rituals
- Facilitate Agile rituals (standups, grooming, planning, retro)
- Facilitate creation of product or feature roadmaps
- Ensure team's work matches overall project priorities and goals
- Track product portfolio progress against key objectives and results
- Provide essential product feedback and insight to the team and leadership
- Balance team efficiency, team health, deadlines and quality
- Manage stakeholder expectations through interpreting and communicating stages to invested audiences
- 4+ years of experience as a TPM with experience leading and coordinating live service development and operations
- Shipped multiple products with production responsibility on key features and/or content
- Experienced partner management and relationship-building
- Experience leading teams through feature development (planning, execution, delivery, post-release support)
- Ample experience scheduling and tracking development. Identifying and mitigating risks associated with key-milestones both for internal and external teams.
- Experience managing technical projects focused on software development or DaaS (Data as a Service)
- Master's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working in medium-large size organizations and collaborating across various orgs
- Experience with Product Management tools such as Miro, Jira, Trello, Aha, and LucidChart.
- Experience with Product Management methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, PMF, Jobs-to-be-Done, and Lean.
- Certifications in project management (PMP, SCRUM, SAFe)
- Experience with cloud technologies and projects (AWS)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).