Lead Environment Artist - LoL PC
Job Id: REQ-0006288
As a Lead Environment Artist on LoL PC, you will bring gameplay to life through your vision, craft, and leadership. You'll help define the next evolution of environment art for professional e-Sport play, novel player modes, and other vibrant League of Legends experiences.
You will help create an artistic vision, aligning with Game Design, Production, Engineering, and Art to ensure that vision is compatible with the goals of the product. You will create a healthy Environment Art team, advocating for their artistic, and professional growth. Your work in sculpting, composition, lighting and color will set the bar for your team. You will report to the Director, Art Management.
- Help develop an inspiring product vision, and align your team to deliver player value.
- Define the environment art style through in-game work, style guides, best practices and team communication.
- Work with concept artists, designers, tech artists and engineers to deliver beautiful, legible, interactive spaces.
- Ensure assets conform to stringent platform requirements.
- Build a diverse, healthy, functional Environment Art team aligned with Riot Values.
- Be a career mentor for the artists on your team.
- 5+ years of experience as a Lead Environment Artist in games.
- 2+ years of management experience.
- Familiarity with modular and procedural methodologies.
- Experience working with game engines such as Unreal or Unity.
- Familiarity with techniques such as PBR shaders, real-time lighting, physical cameras, visual environments, destruction, scatter terrain, and post-processing effects.
- Proficient skills in 3D/2D DCC Software - Maya, 3DS Max, Substance, or Houdini.
- Experience with stylized hand-painted styles or Illustrative techniques.
When submitting your application, please provide a portfolio of your high-quality environment art - including stylized artwork. And as a part of the application process, you may also be asked to complete an art test.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.