Manger, Quality Assurance, League PC, Shanghai Game Studio
Job Id: REQ-0006357
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Quality Assurance Manager, we manage Quality Assurance professionals who work with all development disciplines to create value for Players around the world. We oversee end-to-end quality for our products. We are guided by Riot's Test Policies to develop the quality activities at every stage of the software development life cycle that set our teams up for success. Additionally, we partner with our team leadership and other craft leaders to arrive at more efficient solutions to everyday problems and improve delivery. We also direct and task other QA professionals, often remotely, to get our work completed.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
- You will manage QA professionals on multiple teams
- Hire and retain qualified talent, while understanding and working with resource constraints
- Create measurable quality targets based on product goals, while driving visibility on progress
- Guide testing strategies and conduct quality activities throughout the software development life cycle
- Report the metrics that matter, using data to guide action
- Identify risks, impact, probability, and plan mitigation
- Hold fellow team members accountable for including quality as an essential factor in product development
- Help improve product pipelines and workflows
- Partner across departments with leadership to influence decisions
- You're trusted and expected to be the Voice of the Player
- Quality Management: Planning, Assurance, Control, and Improvement
- Experience with product development pipelines and workflows
- Experience establishing quality metrics that influence strategy and effect decisions
- Experience managing embedded QA professionals
- Experience working embedded with developers and content creators
- Experience working with remote testing teams.
- Defect database administration experience
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance experience, with experience in a leadership role
- Test Planning, execution and defect management
- Development experience across multiple platforms; mobile, console, and PC
- Preferred Licenses/certifications:
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
- ISTQB Expert Level
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
- ICAgile Test Expert (ICE-AT)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).