Central Player Support Connection Embed
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Central Player Support Connection Embed, you'll sit with various teams in the network and connection problem space to work directly on the mission of improving the player experience through addressing issues in a timely manner. You'll participate in sprints with Player Support, support efforts in maintaining a high-performing and highly available game service with the Network Operations Center, and nurture relationships with other stakeholders. You'll provide Player Support's perspective at various stages of our live production phases, contributing to improve the full experience of all our relevant features and following through on issues that are operationally addressed to support our players.
You'll also build solid relationships with Dev teams and work closely with Central PS Leads to be optimally informed on upcoming features and their potential impact on players while helping with all the necessary efforts to improve and level-up our operations globally.
- A collaboration master: you have strong communication skills and a clear ability to collaborate with your teammates; adapting your communication style to the different personalities you're interacting with comes naturally to you, enabling you to work with multiple teams and cross-departmentally with ease
- Culturally aware: your cultural sensitivity allows you to work efficiently with co-workers from across the globe, while being able to fully relate and be empathetic with our players; you might not have lived a situation, but you can connect to the experience in order to understand it
- Experienced: preferably you've spent at least 1-2 years logging countless hours helping and doing your best for players, including experience in a Network Operations Center, Live Ops environment, or Player Support
- Thrive in ambiguity: you explore new problem spaces with unique constraints and thus non-obvious solutions; you're quick to identify and drive change to any gaps that are creating pain to our players; and you can do so effectively without burning or damaging your relationships
- A data-guru: you pull, analyze, and polish data in order to prepare amazing reports that will enable Player Support, the NOC, and other teams in the connection space to identify and mitigate risks; you befriend performance metrics and measurement techniques and have spent a good amount of hours playing around with MySQL; knowing other database analysis methodologies is an amazing bonus!
- Player-focused: you understand your impact on the player experience because you're a player, too; you're able to work odd hours, determined by players' needs, to jump on issues before they affect the player experience
- Work in the Network Operations Center, monitoring and supporting any player-facing or internal infrastructure, application, or content issues; offer Windows, Linux, and network support
- Collaborate with other teams in the connection problem space
- Work in a fast paced environment, multitasking to reactively and proactively address issues impacting players and service, especially in relation to ISPs and network connectivity
- Collaborate directly with the NOC and other connection teams to prevent player pain and explore opportunities to level up the experience offered by current and upcoming features
- As a combined effort with CPS Leads and other Stakeholders, work to optimize and inform our operations globally, while fostering a strong bridge of communication among all our regions
- Pull and analyze data for Player Support, the NOC, and other stakeholders that will help us identify gaps that can be improved in order to enhance the player experience
- Drive and influence the necessary changes within the relevant products by creating a solid relationship and feedback loop between Player Support and NOC, including additional dev teams
- Ensure that operations and teams are fully empowered to provide the best-in-class support to our players by having the most efficient, easy-to-use and player-focused processes, tools and information access
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.