Senior C++ Software Engineer - Player Platform SDK Team
Job Id: REQ-0006351
Riot engineers bring knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll work with our technologies, creating new solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value. As a Senior Software Engineer on the SDK team, you'll help us build world class software delivery pipelines that power Game Studios (League, VALORANT, and more) at Riot Games.
The SDK team creates solutions that allow creators (internal & 3rd party game studios) to securely and reliably publish their games and services to all players across the world. Together, we'll ensure that games like VALORANT, Legends of Runeterra, and beyond will reach and delight players worldwide.
You will report to the Manager, Software Engineering our SDK initiative.
- Be an individual contributor on the team, building reference implementations, tackling challenging and ambiguous technical solutions, and conducting design and coding reviews.
- Lead a process in defining technical outcomes and tools that create cohesive and natural developer experiences for Riot's game developers.
- Establish connections with engineers on the team, providing engineers with guidance, mentorship, and support.
- Work with game team's technical leads in wholly understanding development needs and challenges when working with central technologies at Riot.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in a software engineering role (i.e. software, architecture)
- Expertise working with multi threaded systems implemented in C++14 or newer using safe features of the language
- Experience with API/SDK architecture and development
- Familiarity with client/service application architecture, HTTP based web services at scale
- Familiarity with Rust, understanding of it's ownership model and the FFI
- Experience in using game engines like Unreal, Unity
- Experience in iOS, Android
- Experience in console development (Switch, Xbox, PlayStation)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical and dental plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you! Don't forget to include a resume. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.