Social Media Specialist, APAC Esports (Contract)
Job Id: 5417
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
The Social Media Specialist, Esports on the APAC team will report to the Channel Strategist for Esports, APAC. You will manage a variety of operational tasks that ensure our esports social media content is successfully published in the region.
This covers esports content operations in collaboration with global game teams and central publishing calendars, as well as coordinating with esports teams, in-market Community Managers, publishing partners and external agencies to ensure timely content trafficking on the respective esports channels across APAC markets. Additionally, you will be tasked with covering all of our esports broadcast action on social media live and work with relevant local market experts to disperse your live content to each market.
You must be highly organized and be able to juggle multiple projects at once. You will be required to carefully track project timelines to ensure the components necessary to ensure our games and surrounding content reaches players at the right time, and coordinate requirements across both internal teams and external parties.
You will be part of the new game and entertainment property launches for an exciting growth region and play a critical role in making sure players in APAC enjoy engaging experiences that create enduring relationships with Riot!
The position is remote reporting to the Singapore Hub. As a Singapore Rioter, you’ll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience. As a Singapore Rioter, you’ll join an internationally and culturally diverse team of professionals that share our obsession with player experience. The Singapore hub team oversees the APAC region: Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, Japan and India.
As The Social Media Specialist, Esports, you’ll contribute to the following areas:
- Handle publishing operations processes and execution for Esports in APAC, which includes our self-published territories, as well as those handled by external publishing partners.
- Manage all Social platforms for Riot Games Esports in APAC.
- Manage, curate, and execute live content ideas during live broadcasts for esports in APAC.
- Communicate clearly and consistently to ensure transparency and alignment throughout the content publishing cycle, keeping a wide variety of stakeholders consulted and informed on emergent issues or changes.
- Identify and implement improvements for the publishing workflow, content presentation, and how we work with all stakeholders.
- 4+ years experience in social media content or community management.
- Basic video and graphic editing.
- Well-versed in G-suite: calendar, docs, sheets, etc.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and a multitasker with a love for the process.
- Eye for QA, spotting and tackling errors quickly.
- Demonstrated experience in cross-team communication and management of external vendors.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking abilities during high-pressure situations.
- Experience handling confidential information and documents.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
- Previous experience working in web content and Content Management Systems.
- Experience in managing different time zones.
- Experience/understanding of APAC, including command of a relevant language, would be a bonus, but not required.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
It is the policy of Riot Games Services Pte. Ltd. and each of its affiliates (collectively, “Riot Games”) to provide equal employment opportunities for employees and applicants for employment. Riot Games does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, marital status, family responsibilities, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic pro