Senior Internal Communications Manager (Change Management)
Job Id: REQ-0006567
Riot's Internal Comms team members endeavor to shape our internal environment by crafting communication plans and programs that celebrate Riot's playful, informal, and passionate culture. We strive to communicate with a balance of transparency and clarity that's smart, well-crafted, and authentic. We cover everything vital to internal messaging and work across all teams to create a passionate and ongoing, lively two-way conversation between Riot and Rioters on the issues that matter most to players and to us. We love games and enjoy telling the emotionally resonant stories that connect us to players and our mission.
As a Senior Internal Communications Manager (Change Management), reporting to the Senior Manager, Internal Communications, you'll help Rioters worldwide stay informed about what's happening in and around Riot, with a focus on our change management efforts. Some examples of types of changes you would lead communications on would be organizational restructuring, acquisitions, expansion into new regions, major policy updates, and operation changes. You'll work with identified partners to develop and implement global comms plans and programs for our most important initiatives, including change efforts and milestone cultural moments. You'll become a master of Riot's voice and a trusted partner with an understanding of our internal audiences. You'll set the bar globally for how we communicate, while leveling up those around you. You'll partner and work with multiple teams and projects simultaneously to guide understanding, collaboration, and results. You'll know and understand what's happening across the company, and surface stories that matter to the company and Riot's culture.
- Develop, execute, and advise on global communication plans and strategies for priority projects that take in change management considerations, while balancing, and addressing, both our goals and Rioter needs
- Lead a variety of internal comms plans and work across parts of Riot to guide understanding, collaboration, and results
- Develop relationships with global partners, and find opportunities to improve global engagement with Riot's internal comms programs
- Identify and work on areas of opportunity where communication tools, messaging, frameworks, or channels can be improved for Rioters globally
- Support in the development and mentorship of internal comms partners across Riot
- Cultivate relationships with global teams, and find opportunities to improve engagement with our partner's programs from an internal communication perspective
- Be a trusted partner; serve as a hands-on change management advisor for the teams you support, developing time-sensitive and important messaging, while also evaluating and reporting on Rioter sentiment
- Play support on different internal comms projects as priorities change, whether it's strategizing on a messaging plan, addressing a crisis comms moment, or working on a Riot event
- Keep a finger on the pulse of Riot, surfacing projects or campaigns that may need help as they rollout to Rioters or may overwhelm them given the current state of the business, it's goals, and upcoming objectives
- Build an authentic relationship with Rioters through transparent, thoughtful, and resonant change experience that's certified 100% BS-free
- You've been working within the comms space serving internal and external audiences for at least 6+ years; your experience indexes deep into communicating about organizational change
- 3+ years of message crafting experience for global audiences
- You have a broad comms toolkit that you use to master any communication task at hand
- You exercise great discretion as it relates to confidential information
- You're an excellent partner and know how to work across departments
- You know how to measure the impact and resonance of your work
- You understand current trends in the internal comms space, with the experience to back it up
- You're tilt-proof, and can quickly adjust to sensitive situations
- Experience working at tech or creative entertainment companies
- Experience supporting change projects in a global environment
- Passion for gaming and empathy for the player experience is a huge plus!
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.