Central Player Support Account Security Lead
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Central Player Support Account Security Lead, you'll strengthen Riot's ability to quickly and accurately solve account related issues players experience globally. You'll develop, monitor, and supercharge best practices that directly affect millions of players' experiences worldwide. You'll work closely with Regional Account Leads (in North America, Europe, Brazil, etc.) to improve communication channels and inform the decisions of multiple development teams in order to minimize player pain. You'll build relationships with Dev teams (Accounts, Store Ecosystems, etc.) to be better informed on upcoming features and their potential impact on players.
- A great communicator: you have strong communication skills and a clear ability to collaborate with your teammates; adapting your communication style to the different personalities you're interacting with comes naturally to you
- Culturally aware: your cultural sensitivity allows you to work efficiently with co-workers from across the globe while building and strengthening relationships in the process
- Experienced: you've logged countless hours helping troubleshoot basic and advanced account related problems (recoveries, suspensions, deletions, etc.); bonus points if it was in the video game industry
- A motivated leader: you're fuelled by an inner desire to produce results and have a successful track record of leading support teams and implementing game-changing service tactics to back it up; you catalyze commitment and vigorous pursuit of a vision, inspiring teams through the good and the bad
- A strategic thinker: you have a proven track record of establishing a vision for your team and developing a strong strategic plan to resolve complex issues on the tactical level; you're pro at improving processes and facilitating the workflow of various teams across multiple regions
- A PM in the making: you're familiar with Project Management methodologies, like Scrum and Kanban, and excited to put them into play
- Work with regional teams to evaluate Player Support's performance, identifying and implementing best practices as PS's Central Account Lead
- Create feedback loops between product teams, central player support, and regional player support to improve the overall player experience
- Create and utilize reports in order to drive improvements to our processes and consequently globally implement the best practices identified to improve the overall player experience; pull player support account data, then audit and analyze it to ensure high quality performance
- Collaborate and work with teams throughout Riot (such as Accounts, Store Ecosystems, etc.) to identify, track, and resolve/prevent major account-related issues
- Manage the embed program for your discipline; embedding Regional Player Support team members in multiple development teams to facilitate communication between Player Support and Product Development
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.