Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Web Developer, you'll build a localized web-experience for the Taiwan/Hong Kong/Macau League of Legends communities. Your coding skills will pin down the challenges of developing a constantly growing, community-focused, and aesthetically awesome website. Comfortable in a test-driven, fast-paced development environment, you'll develop and iterate on all of our user facing websites, making sure that we offer the best user experience to players.
As a Taipei Rioter, you’ll join a smaller team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience, rejection of convention and passion for gaming. With teams in Player Support, Community, Publishing and Marketing, Riot Games Taipei is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show Taiwan/Southeast Asia players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Not monochromatic: you code for all major browsers, including Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari and maybe even Opera, so the experience is the same no matter the perspective
- Agile enabled: you have a strong understanding of agile development methodologies, especially Scrum
- Passionate about technology: you tinker with several personal side projects and your GitHub profile is bursting with open-source contributions
- Multilingual and multicultural: you communicate fluently in English and Mandarin; you didn't learn these languages in a cultural vacuum and are well-versed in nuance
- Tap the pulse of the Taiwan/Hong Kong/Macau League communities to better identify and produce the features and systems that leagueoflegends.com needs to deliver a first-rate player experience
- Ensure system and software quality by writing, running, analyzing, and automating unit and functional tests
- Stay up-to-date on new technologies and architectures, and propose their savvy implementation into Riot's software engineering process
- Continuously update the website and the client in order to deliver player-worthy content in the best way possible
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Additional insight into applying to Riot Engineering is available on our discipline page.