China Esports Management
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a leader in Riot Games' China Esports Team, you’ll be part of the leadership that shapes the future of the esports industry. You might build a team, negotiate with partners, devise strategies, or run an esports league. Your role may encompass league operations, player management, business development, marketing, branding, publishing, production, live services, ecommerce, and more. Depending on your XP in management and strategic thinking capabilities, we have a variety of roles available.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
- A team leader: you have 8+ years of experience in a professional environment; with your skill in relationship management, you set ambitious but attainable goals and inspire your team to challenge themselves to reach them; you celebrate successes with your team, but are the first to step up and own your part when things don't go as planned
- A detailed strategist: you employ a holistic approach to set ambitious, but attainable goals, and carefully balance short-term solutions with long-term vision; not even the finest detail escapes your notice, and you take every variable into account, including: project scope, scheduling, redundancy planning, risks, and mitigation
- Multilingual: you're comfortable conversing in English and Mandarin; you didn't learn these languages in a cultural vacuum and can pick up nuances that could mean the difference between pleasing someone and pissing them off
- A critical thinker: for you, easy equals boring, and you relish a challenge because you take creative problem-solving in your morning coffee; you use data and research to find the best solutions when metaphorical (and very rarely literal) fires need to be put out
- Adaptable: you’re someone who can tackle on any problem with ease and a fast learner who can get up to speed quickly; you’re adaptable and can course-correct at light speed in our ever-changing business
- A project manager: you know how to manage projects and how to take an idea and turn it into reality by utilizing the resources available to you; you’re detail oriented and can run operations of a business
- Player-focused: your passion for gaming can be felt in most of your big life decisions, from which computer to buy to where you live (fiber-based internet or death); it's this passion for play that drives you to forge deeply real connections with the League of Legends community
- Recruit and build a world class multidisciplinary esports team
- Help run an esports league from one to all of the below areas: league operations, player management, live services, events, broadcasting, marketing, communities
- Work with different collaboration partners to shape a winning strategy to develop League of Legends esports into a popular form of entertainment
- Be hands on and operationalize the strategy and shape the esports industry in China at the same time
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.