Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
Riot Games' Hong Kong Studio is our first international development studio outside Los Angeles. With dim sum tea houses boasting hundred-year histories sitting across the street from modern skyscrapers lighting up the horizon, we're inspired by the city's ability to look forward without forgetting the past. The Hong Kong Studio office towers 72 floors high in the Central district of this major international hub in Asia, giving us a bird's-eye view of the buzzing metropolis and keeping Rioters close to its heartbeat.
Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take an extra step in the Hong Kong Studio to break the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in this region. We believe that removing titles will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot’s Hong Kong Studio to make an impact!
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraint.
That's where you come in.
As part of the Real-Time VFX team, you'll design and help implement the sleek, dynamic, and dramatic special effects that add atmosphere and depth to gameplay. With your experience, you'll create aesthetically astounding visual effects that communicate essential game information. You'll use your artistic and technical skills to breathe life into undead spells, channel primal fury, and capture the essence of hundreds of champions.
- A visual art aficionado: your brain holds a library of spell effects and the methods you use to create them; your encyclopedic knowledge of visual effects helps you synthesize brand new assets from classic designs
- Versatile: you draw, paint, animate, and model with equal proficiency; you live for collaborating across disciplines to hone your skills and push your boundaries
- A proven mentor: you're an open book of knowledge and experience that team members find easy to read and understand; you resolve conflicts and help manage cross-team relationships
- A problem assassin: you execute your mission with complete autonomy if the need arises; you're proactive in finding creative and effective solutions to ruthlessly eliminate difficult problems
- Crazy for LoL: as a dedicated League of Legends player, you know which aspects of the game's visuals can be tricky to navigate, so you'll create visual effects that help map the way for players
- Collaborate on real-time visual effects with designers, developers, and other artists to clearly communicate in-game information while making players' jaws drop
- Meet deadlines while scaling your work back or ramping up according to the needs of the project
- Turn wild ideas into awe-inspiring reality through visual effects, whether fish swimming through waves or the eerie glowing of freed souls rife for collecting
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.