Systems Engineer II - China Game Operations, VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0007625
As a System Engineer II - VALORANT in the China Game Operation team, you will join the effort of shipping and leveling up incredible player experiences in China. You will build toolkits and services that unlock the ability for Riot developers to rapidly deliver services to our partners in China. You will also cultivate trust and technical operation collaboration with games across products like Valorant, Player Platform, as well as the Tencent Operation and QA teams.
- Align highly autonomous Riot and Tencent teams towards a shared vision and roadmap
- Define, implement and maintain the integration/release environments as well as service delivery procedures, while mitigating risks and managing tradeoffs
- Automate integration, deployment, configuration management, reporting and other operational procedures
- Automate testing to drive the deployment of the system while ensuring quality
- Oversee game operations in our partner region, take ownership of operational excellence and be the point of contact for feature landing, troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving production issues
- Explore and implement operational excellence at massive scale.
- Business fluency in Chinese and English, able to drive effective collaboration across language and culture
- 3+ years of System Engineer / Devops or relevant experiences
- Solid script language skills (Python, Shell, Go, R, etc)
- Familiarity with software release management and deployment (Git, Perforce, Argo, CI/CD, etc)
- Experience developing / operating high-capacity, high-availability, and high-performant software in production environments
- Strong technical acumen and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on experience with docker and orchestration of containerized services
- Experience with Linux, network, service virtualization, databases and popular open source applications
- Experience with building and evolving automation pipelines
- Strong bias of action and ownership
- Experience with Agile ops
- Basic Machine learning knowledge as a plus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $126,000.00 - $176,400.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
- (Bellevue only) Base salary range between $126,000.00 - $176,400.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.