Visual / Web Designer
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Visual / Web Designer, you’ll apply your design skillset and creativity to produce high-impact, beautiful graphical elements for a wide variety of Publishing initiatives, from social media to stream overlays to high-impact large scale campaigns. Whether your background is in traditional art or digital craftsmanship, your passion and perseverance will help drive the community team to create assets that support player-focused content while always aligning with League of Legends’ visual style. Through your work, you’ll actively strengthen the League of Legends brand on a daily basis by delivering assets that engage and delight League players.
- A visionary: you don’t believe the bar of ingenuity can ever be set too high; your creative example is an inspiration which others do their damndest to follow
- A demiurge of design: you’ve spent at least two years building a portfolio that bursts with original concepts, hands-on designs, and distinct branding; Media meticulous: if we gave out grades for media management practices, you would get an A; you know that well-organized assets fuel efficient design; you maintain meticulous archives just in case you happen to draw the right hand for that artistic ace up your sleeve
- A web wizard: you’re an early adopter when it comes to new web technology, trends, and design techniques; you’re net savvy and make the most of new media’s capability to impact audiences in creative ways
- Respect the foundation: you work within the constraints of the relevant brand guides but can bend the rules to push the boundaries and take things in a fresh direction
- A creative collaborator: you generate ideas that push your team to evolve Riot’s visual asset quality; you’re a prolific brainstormer who constantly dreams up new and innovative ways to present content
- Core Gamer: your love of games and not-so-secret addiction to League of Legends drives you to create the kind of visual media players love to experience as a community
- Intellectually curious: you consider a day without learning a day wasted; you're always curious about new techniques and do daily deep dives on next-gen creative workflows
- Player-focused: you understand League of Legends and won't be satisfied unless EU players get to enjoy world-class visuals and design quality in every project we send out the door
- Join the Publishing team in Europe that's committed to cultivating a community that our players are proud of and want to protect
- Work with teams to brainstorm campaign ideas and sketch out design mock-ups for quicker, more efficient iteration
- Design stellar assets and web content around League of Legends in collaboration with the Publishing team including graphics and posts that match or improve the design concept
- Drive and evolve the aesthetic quality of creative materials, including websites, marketing campaigns, logos, video content, and more
- Help us keep striving on our promise to players on our aspiration; to become the most player focused game company in the world
Click the button below and don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.