China – Esports Publishing
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a member of Esports Publishing, you will be developing some of the brands of key League of Legends esports tournaments. Working with a team of fellow gamers and innovative esports professionals, you will develop publishing efforts and see them through the execution of key publishing programs that bring value, excitement, and trust to the esports audience in China. You'll work closely with Brand, Communications, Broadcasting, Events, Business Development, League Ops, Player Management, and Merch teams and our partner teams as well as third-party vendors to reach new heights for League of Legends esports.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
- Experienced: you have 3+ years of experience in publishing/communications in Chinese online games, esports, internet products or services, entertainment products, or traditional sports; you also have a successful track record of developing publishing strategies and campaigns that are truly impactful and value-adding to your audience
- A hardcore gamer: your passion for videogames is what drove you to the industry; you love games, are an avid fan of LoL esports, and take play seriously
- A strong communicator: you have pro communication capabilities, and are able to effectively collaborate with internal teams, our close partners, and third-party vendors; you are a good listener and are able to communicate with candor, concision, and clarity, also able to create positive relationships with stakeholders through the appropriate management of their expectations and agreed objectives
- Strategy-focused: you'll contribute to the conversation surrounding how best to serve China players in terms of community, promotion and live event efforts
- A player advocate: you're the first to put your hand up when our actions don't match our words; you're ready with questions and recommendations to make our esports experience awesome for fans
- A humble learner: esports is a fast-developing industry that keeps changing all the time; rules and experience from yesterday may not be applicable today, there is always a lot of new stuff to learn; you're capable, yet humble, and you're eager to learn new things from your colleagues and more importantly, from players, no matter who they are
- Multilingual: you speak both Mandarin and English fluently, in order to communicate with Rioters in diverse global teams, and with some of our global partners and vendors
- Develop and execute key League of Legends esports publishing projects and follow up through in every step of execution working with internal teams, partner teams, and third-party vendors and deliver value and excitements to a broad reach of audience in China
- Ensure the content delivery is high quality and always look to shape the contents to premium level
- Work with initiative teams across Riot China to bring the latest information to players about upcoming esports experiences
- Be the first port of call when time-sensitive communications are needed (pitchforks away please); be cool-headed, strategic, and able to quickly evaluate and respond to player sentiment
- Identify and report on digital/social media trends, tactics, and technologies while developing strategic recommendations that can increase the value to players
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.