Esports Marketing Manager
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Esports Marketing Manager you'll supercharge the League of Legends esports brand with your fervor and passion for sports and video games. You'll market Riot's esports presence, tackling tasks from live event promotions to nailing down blue-chip sponsors to crafting long-term mission statements. You'll phase between two worlds, using your knowledge and experience from both the sports and gaming fields to wow the crowds while setting a new standard for the industry.
You'll help build an entrepreneurial team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience, a maniacal passion for gaming, and rejection of convention. With teams in Community, Publishing, and Marketing, we are dedicated to defining the standards of player experiences in Vietnam and across the world.
- Experienced: you've got 4+ years in sports, gaming, or media marketing
- Educated: you've earned a bachelor's degree and then some, maybe picking up an MBA or MS in Finance or Marketing along the way
- Sports-focused: you're a pro playing any position on the marketing team, from creating promotions with brand partners to wooing sponsors to driving record attendance at Riot tournament events
- Data-minded: your analytical mindset helps you turn raw data into exciting and meaningful reports, budgets, and estimates that support marketing strategy
- A team player: though you're a highly capable soloist, you're at your best in a team environment
- Grow awareness and reinforce the legitimacy of League of Legends esports by building and executing on strategic roadmaps that infuses your passion for sports and games into the perfect concoction of player-oriented events
- Conceive and execute on strategies that compel players to make pilgrimage to Riot esports events that'll leave them with positive, powerful experiences and memories
- Find, win over, and manage relationships with premium brands who have the vision to sponsor our bold brand of esports content
- Ensure consistent brand messaging and clear communications across all media, including advertising materials and promotional copy
- Estimate marketing budget costs and accurately track, manage, and report on cost affairs
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.