Editor in Chief
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Editor in Chief, you'll work within a cross-discipline publishing team to meticulously wordsmith for a multitude of League releases. Responsible for vivid player-facing storytelling, you'll also hone your strategic and creative muscles supporting publishing on product and feature releases as part of an overarching vision for League of Legends. Beyond on-the-page copy, you'll work to improve communications between Riot and the global League of Legends community. You'll work with Rioters across League to help synthesize that vision in a way that as many players as possible see, understand, agree with, and advocate for. You're not a PR person. You're not interested in spin. You strive to communicate with a balance of transparency and clarity that's smart, well-crafted, and authentic.
Your creative palate and craft combines with your passion and transparent communication, inspiring multidisciplinary teams to relentlessly raise the bar on products. Your strong vision is a north star for Rioters working together to deliver the highest possible player value. Ultimately, it's your love of gaming, passion for storytelling, and unwavering leadership that will help Riot create enthralling experiences for players.
As a Paris Rioter, you'll join a smaller but dedicated team of Rioters committed to striving to be the most player-focused game company in the world. You'll share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming. France needs a publishing revolution: you (and any teams you manage) will deliver unique player experiences that show French players they aren't lost in translation.
- A wordsmith: you have a bulletproof command of the English language and the prospect of perfecting a message really gets you going; you produce tight creative work on ludicrous deadlines
- An idea machine: your brainstorms make other brainstorms look like headsprinkles or braincloudies with a chance of scattered showers; you believe creativity blocks are for amateurs, and easily make connections where others see chasms
- Action-oriented: you take the bull by the horns and ride the damn thing through the heart of a dragon; you turn challenges into opportunities, even without extensive planning because "too hard" means nothing to a dragon slayer
- Player-focused: you understand your impact on the player experience because you're a player, too; you listen closely to the community to better understand their needs before they do and improve the overall League of Legends experience
- Constantly growing: you consider life a perpetual quest for self‐improvement, committed to finding opportunities to enhance your strengths or work out your weak points; you understand that certain situations call for specific skills, motivating you to flip a glaring weakness into a full‐blown‐mega strength
- Carefully strategic: the challenges of communicating for an internationally published game are global in scope; your culturally-aware and player-focused answers to them are precisely aimed because of your ability and willingness to study problems from all angles
- Positively collaborative: you savor constructive criticism and easily bring team members from various disciplines together to complete projects
- Work with League of Legends development and publishing teams in support of messaging and communications plans to ensure we reach, educate, and inspire as many players as possible around the world
- Evaluate areas of opportunity where players don't fully understand our vision and collaborate with the team on plans and messages that'll change perception for the better
- Work with international Riot teams and partners to improve our relationship with players around the world; work towards a future where all League of Legends players are "first-class citizens"
- Write and edit top-tier quality editorial copy for use on a variety of channels including our owned properties (web, game client, etc.) blogs, websites, social media, forums, and presentations
- Provide advisory services to team members who need help, constructively reviewing and/or editing creative work for strategy, angle, grammar, tone, voice, and creative quality
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.