Senior Data Governance Architect
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Senior Data Governance Architect, on the Core Product:Riot Systems team, you will help establish, own and grow our practices around data intake, quality control, master data management, compliance, access and long-term growth of our integrations and reporting capabilities. Focusing on our enterprise systems and integrations, this role will provide leadership and horsepower when it comes to keeping our internal data accurate, safe and compliant. Our total data landscape (enterprise and gaming) involve petabytes of active data with daily ingestion of terabytes across 100+ million users.
- A hardcore gamer: your passion for video games is what drove you to the industry; you love games and take play seriously
- An experienced Business Architect: as a result of your 5-7 years of experience, you have high empathy for business process issues arising from poor data quality, lack of controls and lack of proper oversight, and can lead discussions through critical-thinking problems toward resolution
- A data pro: While you might not be able to whip up a fully-integrated data warehouse from scratch, you would be able to digest one and track along with data architects, modelers and developers, and have a solid understanding of end-to-end processes of data throughout the enterprise
- A self-starter: with little guidance, you are able to get into the weeds with multiple teams at a time, continually searching for answers in all the lovely but rapid chaos
- A practitioner: you seek to create a practice around Data Governance, one that will keep a long-term view in mind while being flexible to enhance and adjust along the way
- A solid communicator: you can bring clarity to the complex world of data, integrations and compliance rules across teams including leadership, engineering, legal, security and process owners
- A data diplomat: you can effectively push multiple teams to a common set of data definitions using your strengths in communication, negotiation, education and overall governance knowledge
- Lead, manage and grow the Data Governance practice for our enterprise
- Document, assess, influence and synthesize business requirements to develop, enable and advance data governance and stewardship capabilities
- Design and own future state concept of operations through the development of business process models and data flow diagrams
- Lead Data Governance efforts start-to-finish, providing both project management and product leadership guidance
- Facilitate and promote usage and adoption of the data governance tools, particularly among business users
- Maintain and promote key data governance deliverables/assets, including data policies, data standards and data management roles and decision frameworks
- Interact with business and technical peers in the evaluation of emerging industry trends and technologies relevant to data management
- Assist in the establishment of a community of practice - a virtual organization that meets regularly to share ideas and best practices and promote a culture where data is managed as an asset of the company
- Develop Key Performance Indicators and dashboards to measure the success of the data governance program
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Additional insight into applying to Riot Engineering is available on our discipline page.