Business Operations Rotation
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that
we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. We're looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you're passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As a member of the China Business team, you'll rotate through multiple product teams on the business side of Riot Games. This can include Merchandising, Esports, and Media, among others. You'll collaborate with teams ranging from Branding, Marketing, Operations, Live Services, and Business Development. You'll use your experience networking and generating leads to help build strategic relationships that'll help Riot improve the local player experience. You’ll enjoy both the depth and breadth of learning in an empowering culture with excellent mentoring and career development opportunities.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our Shanghai office, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in China. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our Shanghai office to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
- Multilingual: you're comfortable conversing in English and Mandarin; you didn't learn these languages in a cultural vacuum and can pick up nuances that could mean the difference between pleasing someone and pissing them off
- A critical thinker: for you, easy equals boring, and you relish a challenge because you take creative problem-solving in your morning coffee; you use data and research to find the best solutions when metaphorical (and very rarely literal) fires need to be put out
- A great strategist: you employ a holistic approach to set ambitious, but attainable goals, and carefully balance short-term solutions with long-term vision; not even the finest detail escapes your notice, and you take every variable into account, including: project scope, scheduling, redundancy planning, risks, and mitigation
- An entrepreneurial doer: you don't need a lot of instructions; you make your own decisions and take your own decisions; you create order out of ambiguity; you’re a responsible person who will deliver on-time
- Player-focused: your passion for gaming can be felt in most of your big life decisions, from which computer to buy to where you live (fiber-based internet or death); it's this passion for play that drives you to forge deeply real connections with the League of Legends community
- Develop strategy around the best ways to improve player experience in China through new business offerings to players
- Build these businesses together with an awesome group of people, hands-on
- Develop, manage, and implement go-to-market plans for future features, content, and products in partnership with the development team and local partners
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.