Facility Operations Manager
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Facility Operations Manager, you'll be responsible for leading the team that provides 24/7/365 operational support for Riot Games' 400K SQFT headquarters offices in Los Angeles. You will lead our operations and maintenance projects, contracts for facility services, and execution of work orders assigned to the Facility Team. Your work will consist of interfacing with property management to manage the conditions of building systems, delegation and tracking of work to team members, and hands-on support for logistics, events, and moves.
- A masterful manager: with over 5 years of experience, you know how to manage and you map out clear and organized plans for team success, spreading workloads efficiently while challenging each member to grow; you take responsibility for the spaces you support and get out into the field to see how Rioters are interacting with their workspace, and you know that to be good at what you do, you have to understand the business and the needs of those whom you serve.
- A dynamic delegator: you figure out how to get shit done by using your next level project management skills, and day-to-day work orders assigned to the Operations Team are completed following the goals and objectives you set. You keep the focus on objectives and push the team to shared victories.
- Primed to work under pressure: like Ed Harris in The Abyss, you handle the pressure of taking deep dives into your work with steely confidence. Our workload at Riot doesn't slow down, but you're excited by the challenges of keeping our spaces safe, functional, and exciting for your fellow Rioters. You're stoked about your ideas and can emphatically share them with anyone you work with, including senior leadership.
- Motivational: you don't lean on clichéd inspirational posters to motivate, you help others empower themselves by fostering an environment of shared ownership, constructive criticism, recognition, appreciation, and collaboration; you frequently communicate with the team to update them on milestones, priorities, and objectives. You gather information and organize it into digestible pieces that you share at weekly updates, monthly alignment meetings, and other moments of collaborative-meeting-magic!
- An agile thinker: You know how to look at things from a different perspective; one-size-fits-all solutions are seldom viable for Riot, and you can look at all the details to formulate plans that meet our needs today, but are flexible enough to work tomorrow.
- Strategically plan work within Riot spaces to align with team schedules, major events, and holidays, communicate project objectives, milestones, and updates with Rioters, Property Management, and vendors to assure that expectations are understood and goals and met.
- Direct the efforts of a team of vendors delivering facility services and logical support to manage on-site storage, on-site mail processing, employee moves, event support, and other logistics needs.
- Manage a team that is responsible for assets in on-site storage, including furniture, large scale deliveries, and an array of miscellaneous equipment, as well as lead efforts to tag assets in storage, make sure ownership of items is tracked, and purge inventory of items as necessary.
- Manages space utilization as efficiently as possible to meet the logistics needs of the Riot Facilities Team as well as Riot as a whole.
- Support ongoing construction projects through periodic meetings with Real Estate and Project Team and their vendors, participate in punch-list walkthroughs prior to project completion, lead preparation work within spaces prior to occupancy, execute Day Two Work, and assist in the completion of warranty work post occupancy.
- Support planning with IT to assure CPU hookups, printers, and other AV are prepared prior to occupancy, and assure that access is understood - badges are programmed, any special access with building is known.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.