Senior Visual Designer
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. We believe the best games are made by player-focused teams, and as gamers, we strive to develop games we love to play.
As an R&D team member, you'll ideate, explore, debate, and design across game genres and concepts that will eventually help put the "s" in Riot Games. As a gamer yourself, you're hungry to break new ground on a game that will redefine that genre for those who love it most. You'll breathe life into game concepts, work closely with artists, designers, and engineers to create new experiences that'll need to impress the toughest players out there - core gamers.
As part of the Visual Design team, your creativity, leadership, passion, and perseverance will combine with your craft to help you imagine and create top-tier work that delights and connects with players. You will work with multiple teams across the studio helping to generate scalable yet readable interface elements for Riot Games content. You will form and implement creative concepts and strategies designed to exceed expectations and crush team goals.
As a SF Bay Area Rioter, you'll join a team combining world-class talent with a deep-rooted love of gaming to discover and deliver fresh experiences for players. Our projects offer development challenges across the spectrum, presenting unique opportunities for best-in-spec engineers, artists, designers, and devs of all stripes. We think, act, and play like a startup -- so if you thrive on possibility, come on over, and we'll build something revolutionary together.
- A creative powerhouse: you're an ace with Photoshop or similar programs; you've mastered creatively conceptualizing digital experiences; you possess exceptional aesthetic judgment with a keen eye for light, color, value, form, typography, and composition; you've successfully developed and maintained style guides or visual design pattern libraries and understand how to implement those brand standards
- An end-to-end developer: You are at ease visualizing blue-sky ideas at a conceptual stage, but can zoom in to pixel-level detail during production, and drive creation of shippable quality elements
- A clear communicator: you communicate in a clear and focused manner to inspire and lead colleagues
- Humbitious: you let your work speak for itself; your engaging online portfolio illustrates the diversity of your skills and talent, and you're eager to add more work to your collection
- Multimedia-savvy: your enthusiasm for all things digital has ingrained in you a deep understanding of how to harness web technology to create awesome online experiences, engage players in a variety of ways both in and out of game
- Collaborative: you're comfortable working alongside teams of artists, programmers and designers and are open to feedback, both giving and receiving; you enjoy helping grow the skills of junior designers and recognize that mentoring is a two-way street that you love driving on
- A team captain: You're comfortable setting goals, motivating your team through mentorship, identifying opportunities for support, and guiding your team toward success
- Develop, detail, and communicate brand standards, style guides, and visual design systems on various projects; help create engaging, usable, and effective visual design solutions to achieve player-focused goals and business objectives
- Drive and evolve the aesthetic quality of creative material including in-game UI, game menus, web pages, application interfaces, advertising campaigns, web and video content, email campaigns, mobile, and corporate branding materials
- Help build an extended creative team, including freelancers and agencies to augment in-house capabilities when needed
- Assess and manage Riot's visual design needs, actively identifying opportunities and implementing ideas for tactical improvements that maximize teamwork and successful outcomes, and validating the effectiveness of visual designs through research and usability studies by partnering with UX researchers and others on the User Experience and Creative teams
- Foster an open creative environment where teammates collaborate to help each other create better work through honest criticism and feedback