Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Finance Principal, you will be the senior adviser to several teams at Riot Games. You’ll use your strategic mindset and analytical wizardry to advise your teams on better decision making from a strategic and financial lens. Your ability to navigate through ambiguous strategic issues and your experience in finance makes you an all-star for a role that demands both.
- Experienced: armed with your MBA, you’ve racked up at least five to ten years’ experience in management consulting, investment banking, finance, or corporate strategy
- A team leader: you’ve got experience either building, leading or mentoring successful Finance teams in a growing and ever-evolving organization; you maintain a positive, team-oriented attitude that inspires confidence and motivates teammates to meet challenges head-on
- An equipped communicator: you’re easy to get along with, and work successfully with any personality type you might run into; you craft reports and presentations that are easily understood by the less monetarily minded
- Player-focused: you chose your career path because your love of numbers is second only to your love of play; your passion for gaming can be felt in most of your big life decisions
- A financial modeling prodigy: you easily navigate three-statement financial models like it’s the layout to your childhood home and are equally comfortable with basic accounting concepts; you easily translate high-level input and ideas into financial or operating models
- Curious and detailed oriented: you are comfortable moving between projects and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivates you to evolve and innovate; you'll ask questions to understand how things work and then ask more questions on how to improve them, opening new possibilities to other Rioters through your line of inquisitiveness; you can spot things from a mile away when things don't look right with your eagle eyes