SecOps Team Lead
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As SecOps Team Lead, you’ll lead, mentor, and develop engineers in Dublin who are part of our global SecOps team. You will also be a highly skilled individual contributor who will probe, research, and analyze security risks that directly impact players. You will work with other SecOps leaders to contribute to and drive our global SecOps roadmap. Your ability to understand both the technical detail and player impact of security vulnerabilities will help you communicate potential issues to Rioters, improving the security of the player experience.
- Player-focused: you're a gamer whose passion for games (especially League of Legends) helps you stay focused on initiatives that make the difference to players in and out of the game
- A threat to convention: bored by what's considered traditional, you constantly push past limits until the status is no longer quo; you don't "think outside the box" because, hey, there's no box
- Focused on team: you find, shape, and cultivate teams that don't just swing for the fences, they jack that (metaphorical) baseball beyond the stars; you help Rioters develop the tools and creative atmosphere to shine, but ultimately hold them accountable for making smart calls and delivering capital-V value
- Seriously playful: you work hard but always leave time for pentakills; whether you're grabbing a game of League in our onsite PC Bang or rapidly sharing cat GIFs, you make time for daily play in all of its wonderful forms
- Humbitious: you're ambitious but humble, a state of being summed up by fans of portmanteau as "humbitious;" always shooting for the stars, you never forgo rounds of feedback from teammates, players, and partners who keep you from drifting off into space
- Use your vast experience to contribute to and help drive SecOps global roadmap
- Be a support champion for Dublin SecOps engineers. Your experience will see you inspiring, mentoring and managing highly skilled engineers
- Use your gamer knowledge to prioritize security risks that are most harmful to players. Your technical skills will be vital when analysing security threats
- Be experienced with log management (SIEM), Firewalls (Cisco/Juniper/Palo Alto), full packet capture and vulnerability management
Additional insight into applying to Riot Engineering is available on our discipline page
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.