Senior Visual Designer (China Team)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Visual Designer (China Games), you'll join a cross-discipline team of Rioters focused on creating and delivering awesome new content and player experiences to the Chinese audience. Your creativity, passion, and perseverance will combine with your skillset to help you imagine, sketch, color, and render sleek, yet readable interface elements for League of Legends and other Riot Games content. You'll use your storied artistic background, intellectual curiosity, organizational prowess, communicative clout, collaborative countenance, and player-first mindset to conceive assets that align with the look and feel of League, while creating kick-ass visual design work and new player experiences specially tuned for Chinese Players.
- Multilingual: you're fluent in both English and Chinese, with extensive knowledge about Chinese culture and the China market, and can pick up nuances in either language
- A passionate gamer: your passion for video games is what drove you to the industry; you love games, especially League of Legends, take play seriously and are interested in delivering the best player experience for Chinese players
- A seasoned artist: your portfolio is cover-to-cover inspiration; you're a master of modern visual design techniques always staying on top of trends
- Intellectually curious: you consider a day without having learned, a day wasted; you're always curious about new techniques and are experienced with user experience design
- Organized: you thrive on structure, using your next-level arrangement skills to ensure that projects are perpetually expeditious; you set high goals and build the steps that enable you to reach them successfully
- Communicative and collaborative: you are closely aligned with all partners and stakeholders, can clearly communicate with any department in any medium, and utilize your artistic skills and quick-sketch ability to assist in communicating ideas
- Player-focused: you're obsessed with leveling up the UX, always putting the player first when designing UI or defining new player experiences for our audience in China
- Develop, detail, and communicate brand standards, style guides, and visual design systems to support the production and publishing efforts of our China Games Team
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary task force of programmers, artists, and production managers, creating awesome visual design work that'll inspire and connect with players while maintaining close alignment with central disciplines.
- Create engaging, effective visual design solutions that'll reach both player-focused goals and business objectives
- Drive and evolve the aesthetic quality of creative materials, including in-game UI, game menus, web pages, application interfaces, advertising campaigns, web and video content, email campaigns, mobile, and corporate branding materials
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.