Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
That's where you come in.
Riot Software Engineers bring expert-level knowledge of specific technical areas and a broad knowledge across a wide range of domains. We value people who aren't constrained to particular technologies and are eager to learn new things to overcome anything that stands in the way of delivering value to players. We intentionally don't post hundreds of engineering job openings on our website, with specific technical requirements for each, because we believe that engineers don't follow narrow archetypes; instead we want to work with candidates who are interested in joining Riot to identify the area and team where they can have the biggest impact.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight knit group of exceptionally bright minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Tech spectacular: you’ve racked up more than three years of experience in front end development, you have experience building web services based on your knowledge of W3C web and security standards; you have a deep understanding of cross-browser compatibility and SEO
- Build tool-savvy: you’re comfortable coding with a variety of build tools including Node and NPM
- Player-focused: you're a gamer whose passion for games (especially League of Legends) helps you stay focused on initiatives that make the difference to players in and out of the game
- Agile enabled: you have a strong understanding of agile development methodologies, especially Scrum; you’re constantly looking for ways to evolve, streamline, and automate processes to increase efficiency and usability
- Passionate about technology: you tinker with the latest front end technologies and your GitHub profile is bursting with open-source contributions
- UX-centric: you have a UX mindset that allows you to design the most satisfying user experience
when piecing together a site, you’re able to hop into Photoshop to ensure assets fit the design and shine like they should; experience in graphic design earns bonus points
- Casually conversant: you’re fluent in Korean and you speak enough English to handle hallway conversations or an email thread with fellow Rioters from other offices.
- Tap into the pulse of the Korean League community, identifying and producing features that new applications need to deliver a first-rate player experience
- Develop interactive and responsive interfaces for use across platforms, devices, browsers, and game launchers (LCU)
- Ensure software quality by writing, running, analyzing, and automating unit and functional tests
- Design and implement cutting edge web user interfaces that allow players to interact with each other and the League of Legends universe in new and exciting ways
- Stay up-to-date on new technologies and architectures, and propose savvy implementations into Riot's software engineering process
When applying for a Korea job, please include your resume either in Korean or English.