Asia Tax Lead
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As the Asia Tax Lead, you will have primary responsibility for all tax matters in the region including strategic tax planning, managing government tax audits, overseeing tax compliance including satisfying documentation requirements, and supporting US tax reporting and tax provision requirements. Your knowledge and experience in Asia specific tax strategy will help ensure that Riot is a good steward of player trust and able to continue delivering player value for generations.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
This position will report to Riot's Global Treasurer and Global Tax Lead as it relates to strategy and development and to the China Operations Lead the for a majority of the day-to-day operational alignment. Additionally, while this position is primarily responsible for tax matters in the Asia region, we estimate that more than half of the operational tax needs will relate to the China operations.
- Educated and experienced: you followed up a bachelor's degree in a financial discipline with 6+ years in public accounting or relevant private industry experience; you're an Excel and PowerPoint wiz and if you're a CPA or have a Masters in Tax, bonus points
- Globally-minded: you're no stranger to global businesses; you're comfortable navigating the oft-treacherous waters of tax laws and requirements for companies growing outside the country
- A detail sleuth: you ensure that no minutia, miscalculation or misfiling escapes your ever watchful eye
- Diligent: you don't see challenges, only opportunities for growth; when a project gets tough, you put your head down and push until a solution is discovered, never letting obstacle or failure quench your internal flame
- A team player: you're as comfortable working with groups as you are by your lonesome; from finance and legal groups to external vendors, you ask the right questions to understand what groups need and deliver it accordingly
- Drive value for Riot through strategic tax planning, transfer pricing, controversy defence, and managing tax compliance
- Work with Asia leadership to optimize Riot's business operations and to support the implementation of tax aligned strategic initiatives in response to the changing business environment
- Proactively review and analyze major activities, asset movements or other business transactions and identify any necessary tax reporting requirements
- Develop the international tax strategy working with the Global tax leadership team execute on an optimal solution, including consideration of transfer pricing requirements
- Monitor and adapt to changes in local country tax laws, regulations and judicial precedence in order to recommend appropriate and timely responses and create value for players and Riot alike
- Manage the tax compliance function by working with internal resources and outside consultants. Streamline the compliance process. Identify potential exposure areas and appropriate responses. Ensure that Riot remains compliant with tax reporting requirements
- Support US tax requirements by working with the corporate tax function in the US to complete tax provision calculations for entities in the region and to provide data collection packages needed for annual US tax reporting
- Execute local tax audits to ensure timely responses and satisfactory resolutions
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.