Community Development Manager
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Community Development Manager, you’ll work closely with the Publishing team in Dublin to help us cultivate a community that our players are proud to be part of. You’ll source and work with partners and influencers across Europe to create pioneering community activations that drive engagement for millions of League players across Europe. You’ll help us showcase and connect our diverse, talented player-base and help create experiences that resonate and perpetuate in player’s minds.
As a Dublin Rioter, you’ll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming. With teams in Player Support, Community, Publishing and Marketing, Riot Games Dublin is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show European players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Strategically minded: You can build a compelling vision for what our community should look like and how to get there. You’re also able to dig into that strategy and work with the people and partners available to make it a reality.
- Experienced in the field: You have several years of experience working in a publishing environment, closely collaborating with areas such as PR, Brand management, Journalism and asset development, ideally in a community or player-facing role.
- Business fluent: Despite bringing a convention-challenging take on how to cultivate a community, you’re able to connect those efforts to the broader business context and understand how to leverage other priorities to build a thriving community.
- An OG - original gamer: you cut your teeth on a controller and have logged many thousands of hours of gaming across a variety of genres; you’re especially passionate about games and the communities around them
- A facilitator and a catalyst: You have a firm belief the most impactful way to grow and build a community is with the community themselves. You have a passion and good understanding of influencers, organisers and how to create a strong and self-sustaining environment for EU players.
- An advocate: You’re passionate about the player experience, and you’re deeply connected to it. You want to ensure the player voice is represented in everything we do, and that fellow Rioters are as plugged in and connected as you are.
- A community enthusiast: Your passion relies in bringing people together to form communities because you understand the benefits of being part of one. You have been an active member of at least one community and have several years of experience working in them.
- Positively collaborative: while you get things done quickly on your own, you relish a good brainstorm, savor constructive criticism, and easily bring team members from various disciplines together to complete projects
- A strong communicator: you’re comfortable holding a microphone, producing a piece of content, writing to players in any platform and overall talking to other Rioters and our players. Diplomatic, with a strong empathy, you choose your words and tone carefully to ensure the right meaning is extracted; the prospect of perfecting a message really gets you going.
- A resourceful self-starter: you’re proactive when it comes to delivering player value. You take the lead where a less confident person might hesitate, always thinking about details and possible threats.
- A veteran summoner: you’re crazy for League of Legends and play every day, preferably executing the latest pro strategies in ranked games; you religiously follow game developments across all of Riot’s new channels and always stay connected to the conversations Riot and the community have.
- Plan your strategy and then manage and execute scalable programs and initiatives that delight and connect players, empower the community and bring Riot closer to players; then analyze and evaluate the results to see which ones were most effective to double down on them
- Identify and build relationships with partners across Europe to help support new exciting, scalable and sustainable community activations
- Be recognisable, responsive and accessible to League players across Europe
- Work as part of a lean Publishing team to execute programs and initiatives to improve the player experience across Europe
- Build a strong and healthy network of community influencers, organizers and other relevant parts of the ecosystem to connect them and support their growth as part of the community development efforts.
- Work with League of Legends publishing teams worldwide to oversee and drive messaging and communication plans to ensure we reach, educate and inspire as many players as possible around the world.
- Act as the player ambassador. You’ll give players a voice internally and will evaluate areas of opportunity where players don't fully understand our vision and develop plans and messages that will change perception for the better.
- Provide publishing support to other disciplines, such as a competitive gaming (esports) and marketing content creation.
- Help us keep striving on our promise to players on our aspiration; to become the most player focused game company in the world.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.