eCommerce Manager, India
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Ecommerce Manager, you'll be a driving force in ensuring that Riot India lives up to its player focused values while creating fun and fulfilling ways for players to interact with in-game economies. You'll work with the teams across disciplines at Riot India to develop, evangelize, and lead the execution of new monetization related features for League of Legends. You'll also guide the creation of analyses and research that help us understand more about how and why players acquire in-game content along with enabling non traditional payment methods in India.
As a Rioter in India, you'll help build a team of entrepreneurial, culturally diverse professionals that share our focus on player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. With teams in Marketing, Publishing, and Community, we are dedicated to defining and elevating the standard of player experience for gamers in India.
- Educated: your raw talent is backed up by a Bachelor's Degree from a top-tier university; having an MBA under your belt wouldn't hurt either
- Experienced: you bring 6+ years of experience in a field that requires heavy levels of critical thinking (ecommerce, consulting, digital payments, trading, game monetization, etc.); you have a history of driving initiatives that meet and exceed expectations
- A strategic listener: you know that a great idea can come from anywhere, and you always keep an open mind to new thoughts and suggestion; you're able to strategically sift through multiple opinions and viewpoints to reveal valuable nuggets of insight
- Critically discerning: you can spot the needles of critical information in our giant haystack of player data and use them to help you build well-informed ecommerce initiatives that bring the players what they're looking for
- Analytically oriented: you're proficient with the tools of the trade; you weigh multiple quantitative and qualitative factors to make knowledgeable ecommerce decisions
- An equipped communicator: you effectively convert data into reports and presentations that clearly illustrate opportunities and outline risks; you have a proven ability to understand the wants and needs of your audience
- A team leader: you set aggressive goals for your team and motivate everyone to pull together and achieve them; you celebrate successes as a team, but take responsibility as the lead when things don't go according to plan
- Player-focused: you're a passionate League of Legends player and you've been a PC gamer since the day you could lift a mouse; you use your personal understanding of the game experience to make decisions with the player in mind
- Use metrics, analysis, and industry knowledge to develop and evangelize India strategies around player spending
- Ensure the ways that players spend money in-game feels good before, during and after spending, and that players can reach their fullest competitive potential without spending money
- Work closely with Marketing and Branding teams to drive integrated promotion plans around new content launches and events
- Identifying and prioritizing those local payment methods that are most relevant to Indian players and implementing them in the India store
- Driving any partnerships or deals with payment providers or other ecosystem participants as part of the broader publishing strategy
- Perform competitive market analyses to ensure Riot is delivering the best player focused monetization experience in the industry and is the industry benchmark in India
- Perform detailed KPI calculations and analyses for reporting and optimization
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.