Player Support (incl. vendor management)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
As a Tokyo Rioter, you'll join a smaller but dedicated team of Rioters committed to being the most player-focused game company in the world. You'll share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and maniacal passion for gaming. Rioters in Tokyo are driven to deliver unique player experiences that show Japan players they aren't lost in translation.
That's where you come in.
As the Player Support in Japan, you will lead and manage Player Support Agents(Tier 1 support staff at partnering vendors) to provide great support experiences for the players on the Japan server. You will put your zeal for problem-solving to work, from being hands on in answering player tickets to creating guides and tutorials that help players resolve issues on their own. You will also keep your teammates up to speed on solutions to the latest circumstances, ensuring they're able to quickly and effectively solve player pain-points.
Your key responsibility is to own the holistic experience of a player when they need support.
This includes, but not limited to the following functions:
- Design and build Player Support strategies with senior leaders in the office in order to scale Riot's operations in Japan
- Forecast and track Player Support and Player activity, including the review of KPIs and other player satisfaction metrics
- Mid to Long term planning for the Player Support function, including vendor evaluation and, if necessary, bidding and re-design of the whole player support function in Japan
- Day-to-day Player Support Agent(Tier 1 support staff at partnering vendors) communication via chat, video conference, and onsite visits
- Promote work efficiency programs and improve quality of work
- Knowledge sharing with international office counterparts on regular meetings, chat, and e-mails
- Escalate unknown player issues to the Santa Monica office(Central) in a timely manner
- Train teams in new support tools and refine processes
- Drive regular meetings with Player Support Agents
- Understand both Player and Player Support Agent pain points
- Provide smooth problem solving for any issues occurring on the Japan server
With the above stated, our recommendation for applicants would be is to have strong vendor management and project management experience.
- Player-focused: you are a lifelong gamer, and you draw on your own experience playing games to provide first-rate support to gamers like you
- A motivated team player: while confident in your creative problem-solving skills, you are not ashamed to ask your teammate for their expertise in solving pressing player issues
- A communications pro: you're empathetic towards your fellow players and approach communications humbly and happily; your sunny disposition makes you easily relatable, and your ability to break down complex topics into common language makes you easy to understand
- Multilingual: you are fluent in both Japanese and English, and can communicate/express yourself professionally with internal and external audiences
- Act as the voice of the player sharing their comments in order to collaborate with Rioters and external vendors to solve player issues; establish Player Support as the key component of Riot's mission to always put players first
- Build and manage external vendor relationship to ensure the quality bar remains at its highest for the player's support experience
- Craft ongoing training programs, curriculum, and initiatives designed to enhance Rioters' understanding of current, improved, and new support tools and methods
- Communicate across different disciplines and teams to address escalated issues and resolve player concerns; coordinate a response strategy in case an issue ever comes up again
- Stay up to date on the latest trends, ensuring you have the knowledge you need to anticipate and answer new questions before they become players' pain point
Click the button below and don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.