Software Engineer, iOS Applications
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
Riot Software Engineers bring expert-level knowledge of specific technical areas and a broad knowledge across a wide range of domains. We value people who aren't constrained to particular technologies and are eager to learn new things to overcome anything that stands in the way of delivering value to players. We intentionally don't post hundreds of engineering job openings on our website, with specific technical requirements for each, because we believe that engineers don't follow narrow archetypes; instead we want to work with candidates who are interested in joining Riot to identify the area and team where they can have the biggest impact.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight knit group of exceptionally bright minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Up to code: you have more than 3 years of experience in iOS application development with Swift, crafting adaptive user interfaces using Storyboards and Auto Layout; experience using Instruments and Core Animation is plus.
- Player-focused: you're a gamer whose passion for games (especially League of Legends) helps you stay focused on initiatives that make the difference to players in and out of the game
- A threat to convention: bored by what's considered traditional, you constantly push past limits until the status is no longer quo; you don't "think outside the box" because, hey, there's no box
- A proficient communicator: you can communicate fluently in Korean through the most appropriate medium, be it email, hallway conversation or messenger pigeon; you speak enough English to get you through most daily conversations (equivalent to limited working proficiency, ILR level 2)
- Passionate about technology: you tinker with several personal side projects and your GitHub profile is bursting with open-source contributions
- Agile enabled: you have a strong understanding of agile development methodologies, especially Scrum
- Tap into the pulse of Korean League communities to better identify and produce the features that new iOS applications need to deliver a first-rate player experience
- Ensure software quality by writing, running, analyzing, and automating unit and functional tests
- Develop features based on user stories
- Stay up-to-date on new technologies and architectures, and propose savvy implementations into Riot's software engineering process
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.