International Strategy Manager
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As International Strategy Manager, you'll be a critical thought partner for Riot's senior leadership and make a lasting impact on our global presence. Your mission: to empower Riot's international teams through high impact initiatives focused on global strategy and operational performance. Your broad skillset and sharp business acumen will enable you to tackle some of the toughest problems we face.
- A gamer: you've got a passion for gaming (especially League of Legends) and a deep interest in the gaming industry; it's this passion for play that authentically connects you with Riot's global mission
- An experienced strategist: you've cracked tough business strategy problems, with experience at a top tier strategy consulting company; you're a seasoned veteran with at least 2 years of post-MBA-level experience
- A critical thinker: for you, easy equals boring, and you relish a challenge because you take creative problem-solving in your morning coffee; you use data and research to find the best solutions when metaphorical (and very rarely literal) fires need to be put out
- Self-directed and results driven: you set aggressive but attainable goals, take full ownership of your work, and push forward independently; never satisfied, you push the pace, motivating yourself and others to deliver results
- A clear communicator: you convey your thoughts with ease and clarity, whether you're emailing an industry contact, giving a presentation, or chatting about your favorite hole-in-the-wall restaurant
- Comfortable around leadership: you're stoked about your ideas and can emphatically share them with anyone you work with, including senior leadership; your positive energy and business acumen makes leaders feel confident in your ability to deliver pure, unbridled awesome
- Ambitious: you don't wait for opportunity to knock - you kick the door off its hinges to grab it first; armed with a five, ten, and hundred-year plan (subject to change, of course), you're constantly seeking the next challenge that'll level up your skills
- Support Riot's senior leadership as a primary thought partner in developing and articulating our global strategy
- Shape Riot's global strategy across multiple dimensions, including where to play (e.g., evaluating new markets), how to win (e.g., global launch strategies), and operating model (e.g., decision-making and accountability structures)
- Develop and manage global processes such as the strategic planning cycle to enable Riot's international teams to work effectively and efficiently
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.