Senior Development Manager
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Senior Development Manager, you'll be responsible for leading multiple teams to deliver their ambitious goals, keeping projects on-track, teams healthy, and stakeholders informed. You'll also mentor your direct reports to achieve high quality results. Drawing on your experience in agile leadership, you'll build and execute development plans that include milestones and deliverables but are flexible enough to allow room for risk and change. Your experience in servant leadership, humble confidence, and social grace will help you mentor teams as you partner with fellow leaders to foster an open, transparent development environment and help to deliver results to the player.
- A hardcore gamer: your passion for video games is what drove you to the industry; you love games and take play seriously
- Educated and experienced: you've earned your bachelor's or you have at least four years' of experience working with teams in an Agile environment as a Producer, Agile Coach, Project Manager, Development Manager, or Engineering Manager, and have worked with or led a team through a full product cycle, from ideation to production
- An Agile pro: you're fluent in—and avid advocate of—development best practices; you've successfully lead teams using a variety of Agile practices including Scrum, Kanban and Lean Product Management; you take a holistic, systems-thinking view of the product development lifecycle and adapt processes accordingly
- A delivery-focused leader: you guide teams down the right paths even if they're unpopular or difficult to traverse to ensure they provide optimal value; your unshakeable confidence and cool head makes others look towards you when sirens are blaring and all hell is generally breaking loose
- A great manager: you have a keen eye for excellent talent who can grow and support your team to achieve excellent results
- A motivational mentor: you keep teams focused on results, growth and actionable feedback; you're emotionally attuned to others and are open about your own feelings, which helps you resolve conflicts quickly, comfortably, and respectfully
- A change agent: you raise concerns, challenge convention, and inspire people to move in new directions
- Grow your talented direct reports into top performing delivery leads who excel at leading teams to achieve their goals
- Directly lead the development efforts of autonomous and highly aligned teams towards their goals
- Create work systems that support effective sustainable work across multiple teams
- Regularly assess the team's maturity, health, and composition, relentlessly striving for team cohesion and delivery excellence
- Create transparency and predictability across multiple teams via story mapping, roadmaps, sprint plans, burn-downs, cycle times, value stream maps and release reports
- Partner with leaders and teams across Riot Games to share your knowledge and drive organizational change
- Drive for continuous improvement for yourself and your teams
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.