Social Media Specialist, India
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Social Media Specialist, you'll be leading the efforts in creating and executing our local social marketing strategies. Working with internal teams and local partners, you are expected to elevate players value we deliver by creating exciting content that can be consumed on social and other publishing platforms, executing our social media multi-platform strategies, breaking convention in content creation and delivery and exploiting the potential of unique social media resources we can use. Last but not the least - you will be the evangelist for our brand so that we can better engaging with our players in India.
As a Rioter in India, you'll help build a team of entrepreneurial, culturally diverse professionals that share our focus on player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. With teams in Marketing, Publishing, and Community, we are dedicated to defining and elevating the standard of player experience for gamers in India.
- A hardcore gamer: your passion for video game is what drove you to the industry; you love games, are an avid fan of LoL esports, and take play seriously. More importantly, you understand there is difference even among hardcore players and you have great empathy to players that are different from you.
- A creative and strategic thinker: Based on your deep empathy to an extensive player group, you employ a holistic approach to set ambitious, but attainable goals.
- A social media experienced geek: You are a geek when it comes to social media. You know both international and local social media and understand the nuances in between. When it comes to relevant tech aspects of social media campaigns, you can talk like a product manager, who is able to communicate between engineers and branding guys.
- A strong communicator: you have pro communication capabilities, and are able to effectively communicate our message to our players. You will also collaborate with internal teams, our close partners, and third-party vendors; you are a good listener and are able to communicate with candor, concision, and clarity, also able to create positive relationships with stakeholders through the appropriate management of their expectations and agreed objectives.
- A curious, humble but fast learner: Gaming is a fast-developing industry that keeps changing all the time; rules and experience from yesterday may not be applicable today, there is always a lot of new stuff to learn; you're capable, yet humble, and you're eager to learn new things from your colleagues and more importantly, from players, no matter who they are
- Research, create and evolve social media content and campaigns that would work best for local players and our brand and products
- Identify an internal/external agency to drive content creation and execution of local social media campaigns and day-to-day social media presence based on strategy
- Work with internal and external teams to identify critical new opportunities in social media marketing that would better serve our players and overall strategy
- Work with partners to drive innovation in social media marketing, including content creation and delivery, tech development and collaboration, daily execution etc., to exploit new opportunities identified
- Measure the results of execution, identify key learnings, and evolve our work to deliver greater value to players
- Lead/support key publishing projects of strategic significance in India
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.