Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, you will join the North American Engineering team. Riot Software Engineers bring expert-level knowledge of specific technical areas and a broad knowledge across a wide range of domains. We value people who are not constrained to particular technologies and are eager to learn new things to overcome anything that stands in the way of delivering value to players. We want to work with someone who is passionate about joining Riot to identify the area and team where they can have the biggest impact.
You'll share a campus with the Central office that serves the whole world, but as a Rioter for the North American region, you'll have a laser focus on leveling up the experience for players in the United States and Canada.
- Experienced with 7+ years in application development projects with a focus on innovation of which at least 3 years of hands-on experience in building cloud-native ready solutions. You've built High-Volume and High-Availability multi-tier Web applications. You've dabbled in API Integrations with RESTful services. You've even developed large-scale distributed systems. One could say you have tacked a variety of technical problems, and you're hungry to learn more.
- A Dedicated Gamer whose passion helps stay focused on initiatives that make the difference to player’s experiences
- Agile software development and development methodologies are your bread and butter. You know what it means to own a sprint and work with a development team in an Agile work environment. Beyond that, you are able to juggle multiple projects at the same time and understand how to prioritize your own work.
- Communication is King. You understand that in a small team, Communication is King. You can handle expectations with partners with the best of them and know that in a small, lean team of Engineers, transparency and communication is the make or break of all our work.
- Technologies in your back pocket include: Node.js, Python, Java, Go, Ruby, MongoDB, Redis, MySQL, ElasticSearch, AWS, Linux, Nginx, Docker, Terraform, Grafana, Sensu, New Relic
- Push the frontiers of what is possible in gaming experiences so as to create new value for NA LOL players
- End-to-End solution design, code and integration applying industry design principles and standard methodologies
- Lead remote teams of software engineers to develop reliable, cost-effective and high-quality solutions
- Collaborates with Riot NA/Core Publishing, Product Management, Engineering and external partners regarding software applications design, activity status, project progress and issues resolution
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes
- Conducts peer code reviews and drives Unit & Integration Testing activities for the assigned products
- Handle external and remote engineering resources
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.