Manager Player Support Operations, SEA
As a Singapore Rioter, you’ll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience. The Singapore team oversees not only Singapore but the Southeast Asia region (Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Taiwan). With teams in Esports, publishing, and strategy, Riot Games Singapore is dedicated to building unique player experiences.
As Manager, Player Support Operations, you'll be the driving force behind the Player Support team in SEA. You'll advise and guide as a leader in your quest to help make Riot the most player-focused game company out there. Reporting to the Head of Technology, SEA, you will oversee the SEA support team while collaborating with Rioters globally. Your unwavering dedication to players will encourage Player Support teams to take risks in the name of complete player satisfaction. From hiring and training to developing support tools and refining processes, you'll help create one of the best live support services in the world.
- Be accountable for the quality of Riot Player Support in SEA
- Develop Riot's Player Support experience for SEA, including defining standards and ways of measuring success, creating QA guidelines, hiring new team members, and assisting with player issues while staying attuned with local cultural values and expectations
- Build external vendor relationships to ensure quality bar remains at its highest for the player's support experience
- Be the voice of the player sharing their comments with Rioters and vendors to collaboratively solve player pain
- Craft ongoing training programs, curriculum, and programs designed to enhance Rioters' understanding of current, improved, and new support tools and methods
- Use metrics and analyze data to assess the PS tools and methods then use that info to refine the PS process focusing on reducing player pain points, tickets, and rapid first-response time
- Team up with developers to identify and fix potential support issues before new releases go live
- 3+ years of Live game experience in a senior leadership role within support or operations
- Experience implementing or refining ITIL/QA practices in a SaaS environment
- Experience presenting and sharing information across a wide array of technical expertise and senior members of the organization.
- Vendor management experience
- Leadership: you guide teams down the right paths even if they're unpopular or difficult to traverse; you keep a cool head which makes others look towards you when sirens are blaring and deadlines are approaching
- Strategy-Focused: you know that a great idea isn't the end of the journey but really just the first step; you carefully apply ideas to reality and seek the best path forward to bring those ideas to life
- Collaboration master: you adapt your communication style to the different personalities you're working with regardless of the region or team they support
- Comfortable with Ambiguity: you explore new problem spaces with unique constraints and thus non-obvious solutions; you're quick to identify areas for improvements when you see opportunities to make things better for our players; and you can do so without burning or damaging your relationships
- Data decipherer: you use data to support and guide everything you do, but you're also not afraid to rely on your experience as a guide moving forward
- Business-know-how: you're well-aware that if the decision hinges on one number, analyzing all the things is not the means to an end; your keen business know-how helps you identify the essential path to a meaningful answer with ease; educational or professional experience developing Measurements to inform our decisions will earn you bonus points
We offer medical plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children plus Life Insurance, Parental Leave and short-term/long-term disability. Riot will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, Health Fund and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games. For this position, you will also be able to enjoy a monthly food and phone allowance.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).