Senior Live Producer - Live Services
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
Live Operations lives by a follow-the-sun model, with Rioters distributed globally providing 24/7 coverage in critical areas, such as the Network Operations Center, Live Production, Release Management, Live Services Data, and partnering with the Compliance Team. Live Operations Rioters are available for any problem, at any time because running a game as a service means we’ve made an implicit promise that you can play whenever you want to. We believe in rapid responses and clear communications, whether the issue stems from our own systems or not. We know exactly how much it sucks when a plan to play with friends is ruined by an outage, so we’re overzealous about finding, anticipating, and eliminating player pain as fast as possible.
As a Senior Live Producer on Riot's Live Operations Team, you will directly help ensure Riot's games and services are consistently delivered across the globe.
Live Production at Riot is a consultative role where you will demonstrate your ability to affect change both strategically and tactically as well as your service delivery capabilities in an operations environment. You will partner with product managers, delivery managers and other technical leaders across Riot in order to provide a consistent, healthy live service. You are dedicated to finding creative new ways to handle incidents, problems and changes to both protect players from outages but also allow engineers to do what they do best and provide players with awesome new content and features.
- You will identify gaps in our service management suite and recommend initiatives to collectively improve technical operations at Riot
- You will build and establish essential business relationships with partners and customers
- You will engage with product teams to review their live service and provide consultation on how they can maintain a continuous improvement mindset
- You will develop, track and report on the ongoing deliverables of the live environment and services to the stakeholders of your embedded product
- You will participate in on-call escalations and guide NOC and engineers who are on-call to restore services to players
- You will report to the leadership of your primary product customer and the Live Services management
- Experience implementing or refining ITIL/DevOps practices and procedures in a SaaS environment
- Experience managing and guiding leaders and team members through compelling communications, demonstrating operational excellence, empathetic partnership and leading with domain expertise
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills especially within technical space.
- Ability to effectively present and share information across a wide array of technical expertise and senior members of the organization
- 5+ years experience running and delivering both established and new services in a live environment
- Resourcefulness in project management and prioritization frameworks for both people and systems
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.