HR Business Partner - Bay Studio
As HR Business Partners, we are not a compliance function and we don’t make decisions from an ivory tower. Instead, we focus on needs, carefully listening to the problem spaces, and working with Rioters to get to an optimal outcome. We view ourselves as trusted consultants and advisors, with a specific expertise in all things “HR”. Working in HR at Riot enables you to redefine what positive human resources practices are. We reimagine events, onboarding, perks, and communications so they resonate with our workforce.
As a Redwood City-based HR Business Partner reporting to the Director, HR Business Partner, you will work with Rioters (aka employees) across all levels and the People Team to provide guidance and pragmatic solutions on a variety of People-related activities. You will have expertise and depth across multiple organizations and specialties. The HR Business Partner will ensure our Rioter’s experience is the best that Riot has to offer by providing prompt responses, sharing knowledge and experiences with fellow team members, and balancing Rioter’s needs with Riot’s values.
- Be a first contact to answer Rioter and manager questions about People programs, policies, and other HR-related topics (benefits, performance management, compensation, learning and development)
- Be a first contact for initial leave of absence and accommodation related questions and partner with the HR Operations team to provide guidance to Rioters and managers
- Be a first contact for employee relations matters and assist with documentation and investigations
- Run point on all discipline, product, and international transfers by aligning partners and connecting necessary work streams (immigration, relocation, comp, legal, benefits, and payroll considerations) to expedite the process
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to provide a positive candidate experience and that the studio is attracting qualified candidates; participate in panel interviews
- Conduct exit interviews and periodic exit analyses, providing important themes to leadership and recommending action items
- Promote employee engagement activities by analyzing engagement surveys, recommending action plans, and partnering with employees at all levels to guide progress of action plans
- Complete periodic audits of information systems records and work with disciplines and products to ensure data accuracy
- Help plan and roll-out of People programs, such as succession and organization planning, talent assessment, and change management
- Maintain an understanding of product and discipline needs to build productive working relationships with your partners, Rioters at all levels, and with the People Team
- Be an example of Riot’s culture, diversity, and inclusivity by advocating and driving programs within the department
- 4+ years of experience in an HR generalist/business partner or specialist role with progression
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal, state, and local employment law, administration of leaves of absences, ADA, accommodations, and investigations such as sexual harassment, navigating workers comp claims
- You will have participated in full end-to-end HR calendar activities and had experience analyzing data to make recommendations as part of these processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, Organizational Design or relevant field; or equivalent work experience
- Excellent interpersonal, consulting, collaboration and leadership experience
- Experience working with or supporting diverse communities
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).