Senior Software Engineer - Developer Connections
Developer Connections (DevCon) connects developers around the globe allowing them to ship games reliably and efficiently. We sit at the intersection of Game Studios, R&D, and Central Tech, allowing us to keep our fingers on the pulse of development across Riot. Our aim is to unblock teams so they can hit essential milestones for launching future games.
As a Senior Software Engineer on DevCon, you excel at building backend services and know what a good SDLC looks like. You also know how to apply your design practices to novel situations and thrive on learning new tech stacks and frameworks. You are equally comfortable designing solutions to operate at Riot scale or diving deep into mission-critical bugs.
While no two days are the same on DevCon, we focus on the following offerings:
- Client delivery platform - enabling continuous delivery of game clients across PC, mobile, and console
- Mobile test automation - providing games with reliable methods of compatibility and performance testing across devices
- DevOps as a service - creating a globally unified approach for managing Riot's internal source control, artifact management, and build pipelines
- Game team collaboration - embedding with games teams to level up their continuous delivery tech stack and foster collaboration with developers across partner companies
- Create and operate tools and services that improve engineering efficiency across Riot
- Teach, support, and guide other engineers to improve technical proficiency and establish lasting mentorship relationships
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing platforms
- 5+ years of experience
- Depth of experience with designing, prioritizing, and maintaining production software
- Experience with 2 or more object-oriented languages, e.g. Java, Python, or Go
- DevOps focus and experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies like Ansible, Terraform, etc
- Mobile development experience
- Familiarity with Unity or Unreal
- Entrepreneurial experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).